Former First Lady, Nana Konadu Agyeman-Rawlings says wearing miniskirts is not an invitation to men to rape ladies.
Founder of the 31st December Women’s Movement who said she was fond of wearing miniskirts as a student at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) as known in the present day, explained that wearing miniskirts does not make one bad.
Making an appearance on Metro TV Good Evening Ghana, the wife of the former military ruler, stated that she is not one of those who criticise ladies for wearing skimpy dresses.
“I don’t…no I don’t. I was one of the people who said it is wrong for people to think that because a style is in fashion, it makes the person who wears it bad. No that is not it…the person just wants to be fashionable and wear a mini skirt why not,” she justified.
In her view, though she never wore hot pants which came after miniskirts, her colleagues did.
“They were wearing hot pants, I never wore a hot pant anyway. They were wearing hot pants in TECH…after the miniskirts came the hot pants and then came the midi and the maxi. It is fashion and should not be a basis for people to want to rape girls. That is dangerous,” she said.
It would be recalled that some institutions including the Ghana Institute of Journalism (GIJ) two years ago, banned the wearing skimpy dresses.
The institutions had said the kind of dressing was veering the focus of students from the main purpose for which they had enrolled in the school and therefore outlawed such clothes.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Six new school songs influenced by old school
- Video: Why should I attend Willi Roi’s funeral? – Stonebwoy
- I can’t beat Annie – 2Baba refutes wife-beating allegations
- Joy FM/Kojo Antwi Love concert: Easier to buy a ticket but harder to go home
- Koffi Olomide faces seven-year jail term over Paris sex assault
- Photos: All set for Joy FM's Lovers Dinner Dance with Kojo Antwi
- Video: Why is Akufo-Addo silent on Menzgold? - Stonebwoy wonders
- What a Kojo Antwi song has put together, let no one put asunder
- 2019 Africa Travel Indaba kicks off from May 2
- Kojo Antwi’s music gets lady out of coma, prevented suicide
- Video: I was a betweener for my husband - Azigiza's wife reveals
- Photos: John Mahama is ‘grandfather’, ‘daughter’ welcomes baby boy
- 3Music Awards 2019: Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Kwesi Arthur top nomination list
- My husband is the pillar of my life – Ohemaa Mercy
- Video/Photos: DJ Switch wows African leaders at AU headquarters