Former First Lady, Nana Konadu Agyeman-Rawlings says wearing miniskirts is not an invitation to men to rape ladies.
Founder of the 31st December Women’s Movement who said she was fond of wearing miniskirts as a student at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) as known in the present day, explained that wearing miniskirts does not make one bad.
Making an appearance on Metro TV Good Evening Ghana, the wife of the former military ruler, stated that she is not one of those who criticise ladies for wearing skimpy dresses.
“I don’t…no I don’t. I was one of the people who said it is wrong for people to think that because a style is in fashion, it makes the person who wears it bad. No that is not it…the person just wants to be fashionable and wear a mini skirt why not,” she justified.
In her view, though she never wore hot pants which came after miniskirts, her colleagues did.
“They were wearing hot pants, I never wore a hot pant anyway. They were wearing hot pants in TECH…after the miniskirts came the hot pants and then came the midi and the maxi. It is fashion and should not be a basis for people to want to rape girls. That is dangerous,” she said.
It would be recalled that some institutions including the Ghana Institute of Journalism (GIJ) two years ago, banned the wearing skimpy dresses.
The institutions had said the kind of dressing was veering the focus of students from the main purpose for which they had enrolled in the school and therefore outlawed such clothes.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- I haven’t found someone who can tolerate me – E.L on being single
- You’re not qualified to grade rappers if I’m not in Top 5 list – E.L
- Joy Prime, SALM excite thousands at ‘A Beautiful Christmas’ concert
- Peace Hyde speaks on gender parity in Media at the Africa 2018 Forum in Egypt
- Sarkodie is a brother regardless of what people say – E.L
- Video/Photos: MTN Music Festival thrills patrons on Farmers’ Day
- Creative arts industry is an orphan - Kwaw Ansah
- Abena crowned Ghana’s Most Beautiful 2018
- Watch: Shatta Wale releases video for ‘My Level’ hit song
- Popular actor narrates how he lived with a ghost for 3 months
- Photos from Kufuor’s 80th birthday celebrations
- Joy FM presents perfect family getaway on Dec 22
- Beyoncé sings at A-list Indian wedding
- Kevin Hart steps down as Oscars host after 3-day controversy
- Hajia 4Real ‘shows boobs’ in King Promise, Wizkid video