Actor Prince David Osei has urged Ghanaians to support and appreciate local talents instead of comparing them to their Nigerian counterparts.
According to him, the reason efforts by many Ghanaians acts to go beyond the country has not been very successful is that citizens do not celebrate the achievements of local actors.
“In Ghana, we don’t really appreciate our own and support our own that is the hallmark of the whole problem. If we celebrate our people and appreciate the talents God has given to this nation, it will go a long way to encourage people to go beyond being a star in Ghana and looking beyond,” he said.
Sharing his experience in Nigeria during a phone-in interview on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM with Andy Dosty, the actor said Nigerians demonstrate a strong desire to mingle with Ghanaian acts and they appreciate talents in that country.
“When we meet head-to-head, they are afraid. They go like Ghanaians are intelligent, Ghanaians speak good English, Ghanaian movies… some of them will love to come to Ghana; to them, it’s a big deal to come and film in Ghana with Ghanaian actors and actresses,” Prince David Osei said.
He also highlighted the fact that in as much as Nigerians love Ghanaian talents, they do not condemn they own.
“They adore Ghanaian talents and appreciate us too much…, [but] they also appreciate their people and don’t just condemn their own,” the talented actor said.
The actor and producer mentioned that Nigerians are making it globally because of their determination to succeed at what they do.
“Nigerians are naturally aggressive to [succeeed]; they will do anything to succeed… Nigerians are very ambitious, everywhere you go Nigerians are making impacts,” he said.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- VGMA@20 clash: Shatta Wale’s father discloses why he climbed the stage
- Shatta Wale is an attention seeker, doesn’t know his limits – Okraku Mantey
- Baako sees silver lining in Stonebwoy-Shatta Wale brawl
- Video: I thought Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale would learn from my experience – Gemann
- DJ Switch makes it unto billboard in Times Square
- Kwesi Arthur motivates students to win 2019 Queen’s Commonwealth Essay
- KiDi: Charterhouse should be sanctioned for role in VGMA brawl
- Fault Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale but blame Charterhouse too – Sarkodie
- Jim Iyke enjoys bullying me – Ini Edo
- Harvey Weinstein 'to settle with accusers for $44m'
- M.anifest fights child abuse
- Ebony Reign still reigns as Artiste of the Year after VGMA@20 fiasco
- Video: I'm going to limit the comedy, I'm a father of twins now - Funny Face
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale banned indefinitely, stripped of all VGMA 2019 awards
- Shatta Wale withdraws from Ghana Music Awards scheme