Actor Prince David Osei has urged Ghanaians to support and appreciate local talents instead of comparing them to their Nigerian counterparts.
According to him, the reason efforts by many Ghanaians acts to go beyond the country has not been very successful is that citizens do not celebrate the achievements of local actors.
“In Ghana, we don’t really appreciate our own and support our own that is the hallmark of the whole problem. If we celebrate our people and appreciate the talents God has given to this nation, it will go a long way to encourage people to go beyond being a star in Ghana and looking beyond,” he said.
Sharing his experience in Nigeria during a phone-in interview on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM with Andy Dosty, the actor said Nigerians demonstrate a strong desire to mingle with Ghanaian acts and they appreciate talents in that country.
“When we meet head-to-head, they are afraid. They go like Ghanaians are intelligent, Ghanaians speak good English, Ghanaian movies… some of them will love to come to Ghana; to them, it’s a big deal to come and film in Ghana with Ghanaian actors and actresses,” Prince David Osei said.
He also highlighted the fact that in as much as Nigerians love Ghanaian talents, they do not condemn they own.
“They adore Ghanaian talents and appreciate us too much…, [but] they also appreciate their people and don’t just condemn their own,” the talented actor said.
The actor and producer mentioned that Nigerians are making it globally because of their determination to succeed at what they do.
“Nigerians are naturally aggressive to [succeeed]; they will do anything to succeed… Nigerians are very ambitious, everywhere you go Nigerians are making impacts,” he said.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Has Meghan's accent changed since marrying Prince Harry?
- Oscars 2019: All awards will be shown live after backlash
- Fred Amugi threatens to sue Rosemond Brown for alleging they had sex
- I officially accept Starboy Kwarteng nickname – Ebony’s Father
- Nigeria election 2019: Wizkid shades APC, PDP, advises Nigerians
- Video/Photos: Cwesi Oteng visits Akufo-Addo, presents special copy of album to him
- Six new school songs influenced by old school
- Video: Why should I attend Willi Roi’s funeral? – Stonebwoy
- I can’t beat Annie – 2Baba refutes wife-beating allegations
- Joy FM/Kojo Antwi Love concert: Easier to buy a ticket but harder to go home
- Koffi Olomide faces seven-year jail term over Paris sex assault
- Photos: All set for Joy FM's Lovers Dinner Dance with Kojo Antwi
- Video: Why is Akufo-Addo silent on Menzgold? - Stonebwoy wonders
- What a Kojo Antwi song has put together, let no one put asunder
- 2019 Africa Travel Indaba kicks off from May 2