Dancehall artiste, Jupitar is rebuking Ghanaians who say the dancehall genre is not Ghanaian.
According to the ‘Enemies’ hitmaker, though the assertion could be true, he disagrees because “music is dynamic and universal.”
“They have a point but honestly speaking, I still disagree with it because my first hit song titled ‘Money Box’ was 100% dancehall and it gave me grounds here in Ghana. I disagree with them; music is universal as far as the melodies are nice. Music is dynamic,” he said.
Jupitar made this submission in an interaction with MzGee on his latest single with Lynx signee Kuami Eugene dubbed ‘Eternity’.
“We get to some stage where you have to prove to people or show them how versatile you are...Because I am a dancehall artiste I cannot feature an R&B artiste; no. I can still feature so we are still doing dancehall, we are trying as much as possible to do more collaborations,” the dancehall act said.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
Watch the video below for more:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- I haven’t found someone who can tolerate me – E.L on being single
- You’re not qualified to grade rappers if I’m not in Top 5 list – E.L
- Joy Prime, SALM excite thousands at ‘A Beautiful Christmas’ concert
- Peace Hyde speaks on gender parity in Media at the Africa 2018 Forum in Egypt
- Sarkodie is a brother regardless of what people say – E.L
- Video/Photos: MTN Music Festival thrills patrons on Farmers’ Day
- Creative arts industry is an orphan - Kwaw Ansah
- Abena crowned Ghana’s Most Beautiful 2018
- Watch: Shatta Wale releases video for ‘My Level’ hit song
- Popular actor narrates how he lived with a ghost for 3 months
- Photos from Kufuor’s 80th birthday celebrations
- Joy FM presents perfect family getaway on Dec 22
- Beyoncé sings at A-list Indian wedding
- Kevin Hart steps down as Oscars host after 3-day controversy
- Hajia 4Real ‘shows boobs’ in King Promise, Wizkid video