Dancehall artiste, Jupitar is rebuking Ghanaians who say the dancehall genre is not Ghanaian.
According to the ‘Enemies’ hitmaker, though the assertion could be true, he disagrees because “music is dynamic and universal.”
“They have a point but honestly speaking, I still disagree with it because my first hit song titled ‘Money Box’ was 100% dancehall and it gave me grounds here in Ghana. I disagree with them; music is universal as far as the melodies are nice. Music is dynamic,” he said.
Jupitar made this submission in an interaction with MzGee on his latest single with Lynx signee Kuami Eugene dubbed ‘Eternity’.
“We get to some stage where you have to prove to people or show them how versatile you are...Because I am a dancehall artiste I cannot feature an R&B artiste; no. I can still feature so we are still doing dancehall, we are trying as much as possible to do more collaborations,” the dancehall act said.
Watch the video below for more:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Six new school songs influenced by old school
- Video: Why should I attend Willi Roi’s funeral? – Stonebwoy
- I can’t beat Annie – 2Baba refutes wife-beating allegations
- Joy FM/Kojo Antwi Love concert: Easier to buy a ticket but harder to go home
- Koffi Olomide faces seven-year jail term over Paris sex assault
- Photos: All set for Joy FM's Lovers Dinner Dance with Kojo Antwi
- Video: Why is Akufo-Addo silent on Menzgold? - Stonebwoy wonders
- What a Kojo Antwi song has put together, let no one put asunder
- 2019 Africa Travel Indaba kicks off from May 2
- Kojo Antwi’s music gets lady out of coma, prevented suicide
- Video: I was a betweener for my husband - Azigiza's wife reveals
- Photos: John Mahama is ‘grandfather’, ‘daughter’ welcomes baby boy
- 3Music Awards 2019: Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Kwesi Arthur top nomination list
- My husband is the pillar of my life – Ohemaa Mercy
- Video/Photos: DJ Switch wows African leaders at AU headquarters