The best of the country’s musical talents will assemble at Kwahu to give revellers a treat of a lifetime at the second edition of ‘Bliss on the Hills’.
Leading the pack are reggae dancehall kings, Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy and Samini, Gospel giants, Francis Agyei, Obaapa Christie and SP Kofi Sarpong.
The legendary rapper Obrafuor, sensational group PRAYE and the evergreen VVIP complete are some of the top hiplife artistes to make Christmas in the ‘Abetifi Republic’ an unforgettable experience.
Bliss on the Hills 2018, an initiative of Media Excel Productions, headed by Ernest Kwesi Ennin begins on Christmas Day, December 25, and will run through to the 31.
Speaking to the media Tuesday, Kwesi Ennin announced this year’s edition will see the introduction of an international boxing event on Boxing Day between Braima Kamoko popularly known as Bukom Banku and Kabiru Towolawi in an international Cruiserweight contest.
“The Kwahu for decades, is famed for hosting thousands every year during the Easter festivities. However, with a successful organisation of the first edition of the music festival in 2017, Kwahu appears have fired the signal for partygoers to converge there again in an unusual time of the year, Christmas,” he noted.
Bliss on the Hills will welcome music lovers on Christmas Day with Gospel concert top artistes including Yaw Sarpong, Francis Amo, Cece Twum, Diana Asamoah, Gifty Osei and Kesewa.
The night of December 27, will see Wendy Shay, Dabble, Bisa Kdei, Liwin and Captain Planet deliver Afropop and Hiplife tunes to put the festive period into full gear.
On December 29, expected to be full of fireworks, Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Samini, Tarrus Riley, Ras Kuku and Jupitar will end the year with some tunes from their collections of reggae and dancehall music.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Creative Arts Council, media pay courtesy call on Ghana Embassy in Spain
- Listen: 'Already' by Beyoncé ft Shatta Wale
- Storm Energy partners Silverbird to premiere Lion King
- FaceApp: Celebs fall in love with AgeChallenge
- Cobby Raymond releases Kojo Antwi inspired song
- MUSIGA has ¢70,000 locked up in Menzgold - Bessa Simons
- Nicki Minaj hints on signing Ghanaian act
- People aren’t celebrating GuiltyBeatz's prod. on Beyoncé's album – Ameyaw Debrah
- AFCON 2019: Fuse ODG to perform at closing ceremony
- Kevin Spacey: Massachusetts prosecutors drop sex assault case
- Ghanaian delegation in Spain for Vis-a-Vis Festival
- Video: Strika's handler hands over ¢40,000 to actor
- Shatta Wale to tour with Beyoncé
- We didn’t pitch any material to get selected – Bulldog opens up about Beyoncé-Shatta collab
- Milk this opportunity, it's not about ‘pah pah’ anymore – Shatta Wale told