The new ‘King’ of Reggae/Dancehall in Africa, Stonebwoy, has said that his kingship in music is like that of Asantehene.
According to the ‘Top Skanka’ hitmaker, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II does not have to make noise about his supremacy.
Speaking in an interview with KMJ on Showbiz Now on Joy Prime, the artiste said he does not have to remind the people he is ‘King’.
Stonebwoy was responding to a question about how it feels to win so many accolades respecting him as the top reggae dancehall artiste in Africa.
“If Otumfuo is King, he doesn’t have to remind his people that he is king,” he said.
This year, Stonebwoy has faced off with the top dancehall artistes in Africa to emerge the winner as ‘Dancehall Artiste of the Year’ in Ghana and Africa at both the All Africa Music Awards (AFRIMA) and the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards all hosted here in Ghana.
When asked about his collaborations with the AFRIMA brand, he suggested to Ghanaians to think globally and that AFRIMA has been doing big things with him internationally for five years now since his first performance at that awards.
“The world is bigger than Ghana, so let’s open our minds,” the dancehall artiste remarked.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: I won't invite 'people' to my wedding – Lilwin
- Steve Bedi to headline PAMA Festival 2019
- Ben Brako tops Global Music Charts with 'Shame and Scandal'
- Bible isn't against Marijuana, stop preaching against it – Rev. Abbeam
- Burna Boy deserved his BET award – Davido
- Cardi B pleads not guilty to assault
- Michelle Obama and Stephen Fry help drive audiobook boom
- Unemployment cause of increased nudity - Vicky Zugah
- Consistency and not hits alone make a good artiste - eShun
- Video: ‘I cannot say Medikal is a fraud boy’ - Strongman
- Don’t marry a woman who cannot cook – Kwesi Arthur's dad to son
- Partnering musicians as a producer is key – Jayso
- First edition of Miss United Continents, Ghana launched
- David Bolton releases visuals for ‘Odo Fofro’ featuring Samini
- Nominees for 2019 Hospitality Awards unveiled