The new ‘King’ of Reggae/Dancehall in Africa, Stonebwoy, has said that his kingship in music is like that of Asantehene.
According to the ‘Top Skanka’ hitmaker, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II does not have to make noise about his supremacy.
Speaking in an interview with KMJ on Showbiz Now on Joy Prime, the artiste said he does not have to remind the people he is ‘King’.
Stonebwoy was responding to a question about how it feels to win so many accolades respecting him as the top reggae dancehall artiste in Africa.
“If Otumfuo is King, he doesn’t have to remind his people that he is king,” he said.
This year, Stonebwoy has faced off with the top dancehall artistes in Africa to emerge the winner as ‘Dancehall Artiste of the Year’ in Ghana and Africa at both the All Africa Music Awards (AFRIMA) and the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards all hosted here in Ghana.
When asked about his collaborations with the AFRIMA brand, he suggested to Ghanaians to think globally and that AFRIMA has been doing big things with him internationally for five years now since his first performance at that awards.
“The world is bigger than Ghana, so let’s open our minds,” the dancehall artiste remarked.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Fuse ODG, Sarkodie, Joey B others to rock at maiden TINA Festival
- ‘Master and the 3 Maids’ successfully launched on Joy Prime
- Season 2 of Apartment 22 premieres on Joy Prime
- Season 3 of Kejetia vs Makola airs this weekend on Joy Prime
- Gee Spot: Your entertainment hot spot enters season 2
- Kanye West attacks Drake in Twitter tirade
- Video: No room for Kojo Antwi, Pat Thomas on my album – NanaYaa
- Inside my Xmas hamper
- Dancehall diva Shegah bags three International awards
- Francis Agyei drops 'Ilona' video ahead of album launch
- Video: Osibisa's Teddy Osei blesses Wiyaala
- I’m Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale put together – Cynthia Millz
- Ghanaians are gradually losing interest in gospel music – A.F Benjamin
- New Music: Kwaisey Pee bounces back with ‘Mabre’ feat. YaaYaa
- Photos: Ghana, Nigeria celebs enjoy Gauteng, KZN, Free State and Global Citizens Concert