Former president of Ghana, John Agyekum Kufuor, on Sunday, December 2, unveiled a glittering Christmas tree by Kempinski Gold Coast Hotel in Accra.
The General Manager of Kempinski Gold Coast City Hotel, Manish Nambiar, said the tree lighting ceremony is a tradition, which brings together all their cherished clients, guests, family and friends.
“As we partake in the festive cheer and magic of the season, may we remember to share warmth and happiness and be thankful for the year that has passed and the year to come. Afehyiapa,” he added.
According to Manish Nambiar, the festive period is “our favourite time of the year where the hotel is in full swing with special events to make everyone merry.”
The event attracted a host of dignitaries including Evangelist Lawrence Tetteh, Member of Parliament for Klortey-Korle constituency, Dr. Zanetor Rawlings, Ghanaian-born ex-French footballer, Marcel Desailly among others.
The former President wished the country well this Christmas and prayed for prosperity in the coming year.
Mr. Kufuor added: “Let’s all be tolerant and patient and have fellow-feeling because we are all one people and the country is also a blessed one, therefore, let’s enjoy Christmas and look ahead with confidence.”
See more photos below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Photos: Music Producer, Kaywa ordained man of God
- Oscars 2019: 17 quirky facts about this year's Academy Awards
- Okyeame Kwame, wife present third edition of ‘Flaunt Your Lover’
- Let’s cast our nets wider when booking artistes for shows – Tic
- Video: Meet #empawa100 final ten artistes
- Drake buys $400,000 diamond encrusted iPhone case
- Cwesi Oteng elated to have presented latest album to Akufo-Addo
- Donald Trump retweets viral video of woman juggling football
- John Dumelo reacts to ‘predatory and gross’ hugging of Legon students
- Video/Photos: Celestine Donkor thrills in first Drive Time Live Concert
- Video: Stonebwoy to headline Independence Concert
- Video: Our leaders are selfish - Don Little
- Jussie Smollett had no role in own attack, lawyers say
- Video: Young rapper takes on politicians, police, slay queens in freestyle rap
- NYPD investigating commander accused of telling officers to shoot 50 Cent