Former president of Ghana, John Agyekum Kufuor, on Sunday, December 2, unveiled a glittering Christmas tree by Kempinski Gold Coast Hotel in Accra.
The General Manager of Kempinski Gold Coast City Hotel, Manish Nambiar, said the tree lighting ceremony is a tradition, which brings together all their cherished clients, guests, family and friends.
“As we partake in the festive cheer and magic of the season, may we remember to share warmth and happiness and be thankful for the year that has passed and the year to come. Afehyiapa,” he added.
According to Manish Nambiar, the festive period is “our favourite time of the year where the hotel is in full swing with special events to make everyone merry.”
The event attracted a host of dignitaries including Evangelist Lawrence Tetteh, Member of Parliament for Klortey-Korle constituency, Dr. Zanetor Rawlings, Ghanaian-born ex-French footballer, Marcel Desailly among others.
The former President wished the country well this Christmas and prayed for prosperity in the coming year.
Mr. Kufuor added: “Let’s all be tolerant and patient and have fellow-feeling because we are all one people and the country is also a blessed one, therefore, let’s enjoy Christmas and look ahead with confidence.”
See more photos below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Creative Arts Council, media pay courtesy call on Ghana Embassy in Spain
- Listen: 'Already' by Beyoncé ft Shatta Wale
- Storm Energy partners Silverbird to premiere Lion King
- FaceApp: Celebs fall in love with AgeChallenge
- Cobby Raymond releases Kojo Antwi inspired song
- MUSIGA has ¢70,000 locked up in Menzgold - Bessa Simons
- Nicki Minaj hints on signing Ghanaian act
- People aren’t celebrating GuiltyBeatz's prod. on Beyoncé's album – Ameyaw Debrah
- AFCON 2019: Fuse ODG to perform at closing ceremony
- Kevin Spacey: Massachusetts prosecutors drop sex assault case
- Ghanaian delegation in Spain for Vis-a-Vis Festival
- Video: Strika's handler hands over ¢40,000 to actor
- Shatta Wale to tour with Beyoncé
- We didn’t pitch any material to get selected – Bulldog opens up about Beyoncé-Shatta collab
- Milk this opportunity, it's not about ‘pah pah’ anymore – Shatta Wale told