Controversial musician and political critic A-Plus is very disappointed in the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP), a party he openly campaigned for.
A-Plus, a close friend of President Nana Ado Dankwa Akufo-Addo, speaking in an interview with Andy Dosty on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM, said he is not happy with the performance of the NPP government.
According to him, he is disappointed in some people in government and the failure of the party to fulfil some of its campaign promises to Ghanaians.
He cited the recent decision by the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture to invest $4.5 million to host the All Africa Music Awards (AFRIMA) in Ghana as one of the worst decisions taken by the ministry.
The controversial musician said “the industry is collapsing. Shirley Frimpong-Manso has put so much into sustaining this industry” and instead of the ministry supporting her, they are giving money to AFRIMA.
He alleged that the money was given to AFRIMA under the guise of boosting tourism. “What are they coming to watch; the motorway that has not got streetlights?”
“Your own people are crying” but they have given money to AFRIMA, who he alleged that brought foreigners to the country to organise the event.
“I hate it when Ghanaians are not given the same opportunity that is given to outsiders,” a peeved A-Plus said.
He fumed that, “You don’t even have venues to hold events” but can give money to AFRIMA.
A-Plus posited that when people complained about the government giving money to AFRIMA, the government said they will support the Ghana Music Awards and Chale Wote with some funds.
A-Plus was equally disappointed that industry persons are meeting the president and taking photos with him instead venting their frustration and dealing with the issues.
“If you are in NDC (National Democratic Congress) and NDC wins, make sure it works,” stressing that “I don’t support a party because they have beautiful people.”
There should be jobs and “we must ensure that the system works…we have to be employed, we have to get jobs but we have to ensure that the system works.” “I will keep fighting for this country,” he added.
A-Plus, who rated the NPP government’s performance as 40% said: “my vote is not on autopilot,” and “in 2020, I can choose NDC, in 2024, I can choose an independent, I don’t care.” “I can belong to NDC, NPP, what is right is right, what is wrong is wrong.
“Tomorrow I can be NDC depending on what NPP does,” the critic said.
While he insisted that he has no political or presidential ambitions, the musician described the government’s plans to buy drones as “nonsense.” “You know it will go halfway and it will go and collapse and that it is a wasteful venture.
“We don’t ever have our priorities right,” he vented.
“Me I like Nana Addo as a person. He is genuine…” A-Plus said, however, he has issues with the people who work with him.
He mentioned the Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture, Catherine Afeku as one of the people who is not helping the government.
“The president is a very good man. However, he is being followed by some good people and some very useless people,” the controversial musician said.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Artistes paid to put my name in their songs - Appietus
- 'I never invested in Menzgold' - Okyeame Kwame
- We dated for 5 years – Adekunle Gold confirms getting married to Simi
- Married life with Annica has been amazing - Okyeame Kwame
- Video: Yvonne Okoro reveals recording sex tape with ex-boyfriend
- I admire Abedi Pele so much – Adina
- Video: Adekunle Gold, Simi release new song to celebrate their wedding
- Daddy Lumba, Kojo Antwi comparison impossible - Okyeame Kwame
- Photos: Ataa Mensah of 'Showcase in Ga' dies at 91
- Video/Photos: Daughters of Glorious Jesus pay courtesy call to Multimedia Group
- Video: I've forgiven my parents for throwing me away when I was born – Don Little
- I'm not bothered by the young ones using my songs - Kojo Antwi
- Video: Women who earn more than their partners abuse them – D Cryme
- Video: Creative Arts has been neglected - Sidney
- Video: I’ll be tagged greedy if I disclose how much I invested with Menzgold – Lil Win