Dancehall artiste Jupitar is urging his colleague Shatta Wale to keep producing what some Ghanaians term as ‘chaff’, if it is getting him results.
Jupitar says there are few dancehall artistes in Ghana hence, it is prudent for such artistes to be supportive of each other’s craft.
“...we are just a few, four or five people so the best we can do is try to acknowledge or push ourselves,” he said.
Reacting to claims that Shatta’s songs are not of standard, the musician who just released ‘Eternity’ with Kuami Eugene told JoyNews’ MzGee, “there are so many ways to success and Shatta has done his part.”
“I’m proud of my brother Shatta Wale. Shatta is a big brand here in Ghana. So if Shatta is producing weak lyrics, weak songs and people are still buying and it shoots him up to the billboard and that a win for him.”
“…when you really plan to put up a song it hardly gets the response you expect. I do agree the level we are in our industry is more of jamming, it is the trend and he is capitalising on it and if it’s working for him, I’ll encourage him to do more chaff then, he should do more rubbish.”
Watch the video below for more:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- MTN's Digital Music conference focuses on local artistes
- Artistes paid to put my name in their songs - Appietus
- 'I never invested in Menzgold' - Okyeame Kwame
- We dated for 5 years – Adekunle Gold confirms getting married to Simi
- Married life with Annica has been amazing - Okyeame Kwame
- Video: Yvonne Okoro reveals recording sex tape with ex-boyfriend
- I admire Abedi Pele so much – Adina
- Video: Adekunle Gold, Simi release new song to celebrate their wedding
- Daddy Lumba, Kojo Antwi comparison impossible - Okyeame Kwame
- Photos: Ataa Mensah of 'Showcase in Ga' dies at 91
- Video/Photos: Daughters of Glorious Jesus pay courtesy call to Multimedia Group
- Video: I've forgiven my parents for throwing me away when I was born – Don Little
- I'm not bothered by the young ones using my songs - Kojo Antwi
- Video: Women who earn more than their partners abuse them – D Cryme
- Video: Creative Arts has been neglected - Sidney