MTN Ghana has launched series of mega music events in the country. The event, dubbed MTN Music Festival is to celebrate and express the cultural heritage of the Ghanaian through Music, Dance and Poetry.
The MTN Music Festival is organized in partnership with Slip Entertainment and has already generated excitement amongst industry analysts.
The events will be held as a prelude to key national holidays including the Independence Day, May Day and Farmers Day celebrations. A fourth one is still being considered.
The first event dubbed the “Independence Edition”, will take place on Monday, 5th March 2018 at the National Theatre with performances from music legend Kojo Antwi and the versatile Amandzeba. The super talented Mz Vee will also be featuring.
This will be followed by the “Workers’ Day” edition which will be held on Monday 30th April 2018 to usher in the May Day Celebration. A third exciting event will be held on Saturday, December 1, 2018, with other iconic musicians.
Speaking about the MTN Music Festival, the Ag. Chief Marketing Officer of MTN, Mr. Noel Kojo Ganson said, “The MTN Music Festival is a continuous demonstration of how we continue to brighten the lives of our subscribers and Ghanaians as a whole and how we find new ways of expressing our love for Ghanaian music. The festival will also generate local digital content and preserve the cultural heritage of our country.”
“More importantly, we want people to experience what it means to have a digitally connected lifestyle. In that regard, tickets to the concerts will be made available for purchase via MTN Mobile Money while VIP guests will receive digital e-card invitations. The songs and videos by the music stars will be available for download on our MTN Play platform and on the Caller Ring Back Tone (CRBT) service. “Through these digital interventions, we hope to preserve the works of our stars and generate revenue for them”, he added.
The MTN Music Festival follows other initiatives undertaken by MTN to support the growth of the entertainment and creative arts industry in Ghana. Other creations by MTN include the MTN Hitmaker and MTN Regional festivals.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Adopting French as Ghana’s second language ‘disrespectful’ – Okyeame Kwame
- If I don’t win any award at 3Music Awards I will pull a 'Shatta Wale' - Medikal declares
- No other Ghanaian music beats highlife - Kyekyeku
- We were once celebrated in Diaspora because of Highlife – Bessa Simons
- I won’t release any song until Mahama wins 2020 elections – Mzbel
- Video: Help stop depreciation of cedi – Samini urges gov’t
- Throwback video: Prof J.H Nketia talks about documenting Ghana’s verbal arts
- Jussie Smollett: Empire's Lee Daniels describes 'pain and anger'
- After 6 years of music, over 40 songs, here are MzVee's best 10
- Boomplay announces licensing deal with Warner Music
- PUZZLED to be screened at the UN Women’s Conference
- Shatta Wale to open 2019 3Music Awards
- Adom FM Music Chart: Medikal’s Omo Ada still reigns
- Video: Nana Ama McBrown shows off baby girl
- MultiChoice Talent Factory networking portal goes live