MTN Ghana has launched series of mega music events in the country. The event, dubbed MTN Music Festival is to celebrate and express the cultural heritage of the Ghanaian through Music, Dance and Poetry.
The MTN Music Festival is organized in partnership with Slip Entertainment and has already generated excitement amongst industry analysts.
The events will be held as a prelude to key national holidays including the Independence Day, May Day and Farmers Day celebrations. A fourth one is still being considered.
The first event dubbed the “Independence Edition”, will take place on Monday, 5th March 2018 at the National Theatre with performances from music legend Kojo Antwi and the versatile Amandzeba. The super talented Mz Vee will also be featuring.
This will be followed by the “Workers’ Day” edition which will be held on Monday 30th April 2018 to usher in the May Day Celebration. A third exciting event will be held on Saturday, December 1, 2018, with other iconic musicians.
Speaking about the MTN Music Festival, the Ag. Chief Marketing Officer of MTN, Mr. Noel Kojo Ganson said, “The MTN Music Festival is a continuous demonstration of how we continue to brighten the lives of our subscribers and Ghanaians as a whole and how we find new ways of expressing our love for Ghanaian music. The festival will also generate local digital content and preserve the cultural heritage of our country.”
“More importantly, we want people to experience what it means to have a digitally connected lifestyle. In that regard, tickets to the concerts will be made available for purchase via MTN Mobile Money while VIP guests will receive digital e-card invitations. The songs and videos by the music stars will be available for download on our MTN Play platform and on the Caller Ring Back Tone (CRBT) service. “Through these digital interventions, we hope to preserve the works of our stars and generate revenue for them”, he added.
The MTN Music Festival follows other initiatives undertaken by MTN to support the growth of the entertainment and creative arts industry in Ghana. Other creations by MTN include the MTN Hitmaker and MTN Regional festivals.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Ghanaian delegation in Spain for Vis-a-Vis Festival
- Video: Strika's handler hands over ¢40,000 to actor
- Shatta Wale to tour with Beyoncé
- We didn’t pitch any material to get selected – Bulldog opens up about Beyoncé-Shatta collab
- Milk this opportunity, it's not about ‘pah pah’ anymore – Shatta Wale told
- Shatta Wale trends #1 in Ghana, 8 worldwide after Beyonce feature news
- Celebs, fans react to news on Shatta Wale, GuiltyBeatz’s feature with Beyonce
- GuiltyBeatz produces 3 songs on Beyonce's 'The Lion King: The Gift' album
- Stonebwoy, Samini congratulate Shatta Wale on Beyonce feature
- 'I know my level!' - Beyoncé features Shatta Wale on new album
- Real Time channel Debuts on DStv, GOtv
- Support the arts industry – Kwesi Agyare to gov't
- Kagame – The tallest president in Africa is the shortest in his family
- Prince David Osei wins Best Actor award at African International Film Festival
- Bond: Black female actor, Lashana Lynch is next ‘007 agent