Father of late Dancehall artiste, Ebony, has disclosed the intention to take legal action against the hospital where a morgue attendant took a video of his daughter's corpse.
Nana Opoku Kwarteng, who sounded troubled by the development, noted that even though he hasn’t seen the video, he will sue all persons involved in recording Ebony’s body at the morgue.
Ebony, born Priscilla Opoku-Kwarteng, was killed in a gory accident on the Sunyani-Kumasi highway after visiting her mother on February 8. Her childhood friend and assistant, Franky Kuri, and their bodyguard also did not survive the crash.
A viral video showing the bodies of the late singer and her friend Franky Kuri in a mortuary has left the public shocked with many condemning the recording.
A mortuary attendant can be seen in the video touching and examining the badly injured bodies of the two showing bruises and for Ebony a deep cut in the head.
The location of the mortuary is unknown as well as the identity of the attendant.
It appeared there were more than two persons involved in the insensitive act as another assistant was seen using a mobile device to film the incident.
Father of the late singer, speaking in an interview with Hitz FM’s Ibrahim Ben-Bako, said such an act is unacceptable.
“I’ve been told [but] I haven’t seen that. I hate to watch it. Trust me…you and I know it’s too bad a thing to do and therefore we are going to take them on…,” he said.
Mr Kwarteng, who revealed he was going to start the legal process shortly, warned that “Whoever is involved in the recording… we will meet at the court.”
Listen to Ebony’s dad
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Obour teams up with Obogu Traditional Council to spread joy
- Huawei confirms termination of contract with Teacher Kwadwo
- Video: My dad’s death inspired me to be a nurse – Wendy Shay reveals
- Video: There’s nothing like a ‘dumb’ question – Wendy Shay apologises
- God is my best friend – Wendy Shay
- Video: Sakawa victim wasn’t talking about me – Medikal reacts to fraud claims
- Video: I created 4x4, I will bring them back – Bright of Buk Bak
- Video: I didn’t save Fella Makafui’s name as ‘Carpenter’ – Medikal replies Sister Derby
- I never dated Kojo Antwi – Nana Yaa clears the air
- Is 'Dumsor' back? - Yvonne Nelson asks
- Catherine Afeku wins ‘Most Active Tourism Minister’ award
- Fuse ODG, Sarkodie, Joey B others to rock at maiden TINA Festival
- ‘Master and the 3 Maids’ successfully launched on Joy Prime
- Season 2 of Apartment 22 premieres on Joy Prime
- Season 3 of Kejetia vs Makola airs this weekend on Joy Prime