Renowned producer, David Kojo Kyei, popularly known as Kaywa has described as hypocrites, critics who lash at him for producing secular music and still projecting the gospel.
The award-winning producer who is the brain behind most hit songs including, Kurl Songs’ Jennifer Lomotey, Kwabena Kwabena’s Adult Music, Bisa Kdei’s Mansa, R2Bees’ Kiss your hand, and a host of others, is also known for his strong Christian belief and prophetic prowess.
He is reported to have prophesied the untimely death of the late dancehall act Ebony, and helped her with prayers in a bid to avert the accident. He also prophesied the brush controversial presenter, Blakk Rasta, had with the parliament as well as the break-up of hip-life duo, Ruff-n- Smooth.
Many have called him lukewarm for combining the two sides- Gospel and secular. However, the CEO of Highly Spiritual Music speaking to Andy Dosty on Daybreak Hitz brusquely stated: “for me, that’s clear hypocrisy”.
He further explained siting Jesus Christ in the Bible and his association with people of the “world” as an example. For him “as a Christian, if you are not controversial, and you don’t go through these things (people talking about you), then you’re not living what Christ came to do”.
Kaywa expressed worry over the seeming isolation of Christians from those they deem “out of the group”. According to the ‘highly spiritual’ producer, what matters in one’s life is the effort to evangelize to others.
“it is not about how well you’ve lived your life on earth, it’s about how well you spoke to others about Christ”.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Adopting French as Ghana’s second language ‘disrespectful’ – Okyeame Kwame
- If I don’t win any award at 3Music Awards I will pull a 'Shatta Wale' - Medikal declares
- No other Ghanaian music beats highlife - Kyekyeku
- We were once celebrated in Diaspora because of Highlife – Bessa Simons
- I won’t release any song until Mahama wins 2020 elections – Mzbel
- Video: Help stop depreciation of cedi – Samini urges gov’t
- Throwback video: Prof J.H Nketia talks about documenting Ghana’s verbal arts
- Jussie Smollett: Empire's Lee Daniels describes 'pain and anger'
- After 6 years of music, over 40 songs, here are MzVee's best 10
- Boomplay announces licensing deal with Warner Music
- PUZZLED to be screened at the UN Women’s Conference
- Shatta Wale to open 2019 3Music Awards
- Adom FM Music Chart: Medikal’s Omo Ada still reigns
- Video: Nana Ama McBrown shows off baby girl
- MultiChoice Talent Factory networking portal goes live