Sammy Forson has professed that it took him 14 years to finally achieve his dream of working at Joy FM.
The presenter, who is the newest addition to The Multimedia Group, admitted that he began his radio career by taking key lessons from some of the great names that have passed through Joy FM.
“I started off my radio career listening to the legends on this very platform, Joy 99.7 FM. Talk about the ‘Boss Player’ Komla Dumor of blessed memory, Gabby Adjetey and Tommy Annan Forson,” he said as he presented his first show on Joy FM.
“It took me 14 years to get here …this is the home to be…” Mr Forson confessed as he assumed hosting duties of Drive Time on Joy show for the next two weeks. The show’s main host, Lexis Bill is on a two-week break.
To inspire others, he noted that, “If I’m not motivation enough for you, what else are you looking for?”
He will host the Weekend City Show on Saturdays from 7:30 am to 9 am and will also be on Joy FM from Mondays to Wednesdays from 8 pm to 10 pm.
Watch the video below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Uncompleted Volta Regional theatre abandoned for 20yrs
- 8 days of no 'dumsor' shocks Nollywood actor
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards
- Video/Photos: Labadi Beach Hotel picks 3 prestigious awards at 2018 GEM Awards
- I love your hard African face – Medikal tells Fella Makafui
- 2019 Nigerian Election: Musician Banky W joins politics
- Depression is real; seek help – Obour advices fellow musicians
- NGMA: Gifty Osei, Patience Nyarko, Joe Mettle others nominated
- Video: I haven’t quit acting, God’s work taking my time - Majid Michel
- Profanity: We don’t need censorship; it stifles creativity – Rex Omar
- Video: Leave Medikal and Fella Makafui alone – Okyeame Kwame
- Ghanaian-British actor Peter Mensah in Ghana
- Stan Lee: Marvel Comics co-creator dies aged 95
- Impressive dress rehearsal for terrific national Mardi Gras in 2019
- Video: Captain Planet reveals how his dead dog connected him to his wife