Sammy Forson has professed that it took him 14 years to finally achieve his dream of working at Joy FM.
The presenter, who is the newest addition to The Multimedia Group, admitted that he began his radio career by taking key lessons from some of the great names that have passed through Joy FM.
“I started off my radio career listening to the legends on this very platform, Joy 99.7 FM. Talk about the ‘Boss Player’ Komla Dumor of blessed memory, Gabby Adjetey and Tommy Annan Forson,” he said as he presented his first show on Joy FM.
“It took me 14 years to get here …this is the home to be…” Mr Forson confessed as he assumed hosting duties of Drive Time on Joy show for the next two weeks. The show’s main host, Lexis Bill is on a two-week break.
To inspire others, he noted that, “If I’m not motivation enough for you, what else are you looking for?”
He will host the Weekend City Show on Saturdays from 7:30 am to 9 am and will also be on Joy FM from Mondays to Wednesdays from 8 pm to 10 pm.
Watch the video below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: Lil Win charms crowd at MTN-Adom Kwahu Mega Street Bash
- Photos: Families receive fresh life at Luv FM Family Party in the Park
- Tinny says 'whack' rapper comment was for hype – D Black
- Ebony was vilified because of her sexuality – Novelist on stereotype
- I wish Trigmatic were my biological son – Aka Blay
- Adele splits from husband Simon Konecki
- Cardi B rejects plea deal over Queens strip club brawl
- Good Friday special: Luigi Maclean, Globe Productions light up Super Morning Show
- Osibisa marks 50 years of musical excellence
- Video: Ghana DJ Awards PubFest keeps Purple Pub jamming till morning
- Yvonne Nelson urges Ghanaians to boycott elections
- Enough of the love songs - Barima Sidney
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 15): Fameye’s ‘Nothing I get’, Kofi Mole’s ‘Don’t be late’ on the rise
- Harvest Praise 2019 airs live on DStv, GOtv come Good Friday
- Photos: Ghana Jeep Club parties with children of Potter’s Orphanage Village