Sony Achiba has accused radio presenter, Fiifi Banson, as one of the DJs in Ghana who killed his music career.
Earlier this week, the ‘Sony Maba’ singer alleged that some Ghanaian DJs killed talents of so many artistes in the country.
In that interview, Sony Achiba stressed that while he had worked hard to be relevant in the music industry, he was pushed out abruptly by some DJs.
Speaking to Andy Dosty on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM, he noted that some years ago after Billy Ocean of Peace FM played his song on air, Fiifi Banson spoke ill of the song live on air.
Soni alleged that the words of the former Peace FM presenter who currently hosts the morning show on Kasapa FM, negatively affected his career and eventually pushed him out of the music industry.
"... Fiifi Banson came on air and discredited my song right after Billy Ocean played it. I went to the station to confront him but met Fadda Dickson [the Administrator] instead who calmed me down,” he narrated.
“If I had met Fiifi Banson, it would have been a different ball game. Why does he have to discredit me? He does not know how I suffered to produce that song and get it played on radio...,” Sony Achiba added.
Sony, who seemed really hurt by the incident, said he will never forget that event.
The musician, who is also a dancer, however, urged DJs and presenters to refrain from passing ill comments about the songs of musicians.
Fiifi Banson declined to comment when Hitz FM contacted him for a reaction to Sony Achiba’s allegations.
Meanwhile, Sony has assured his fans of an opportunity to enjoy ‘Hip-Dia’ again with a new single titled ‘Fufuo’, which would herald his return to active music.
A product of Kumasi Technical Institute (KTI), Sony Achiba, who is currently schooling in London, has three albums to his credit; ‘Indian Ocean 1’ in 2001, ‘Indian Ocean 2’ and ‘Indian Ocean 3’.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: If you have sex tape of me and Adebayor prove it for $100k – Yvonne Okoro
- #10yearchallenge: See epic throwback photos of Ghanaian celebs
- Video: I’m not exclusive until you marry me – Yvonne Okoro
- Video: I would’ve accepted Menzgold ambassador deal – Yvonne Okoro
- 'You’ve shown me what real love is' – Becca celebrates husband's birthday
- Stop the rubbish; I never invested in Menzgold – Yvonne Nelson
- Menzgold-endorsing celebs not to blame – Brand expert
- Nominees for 2019 Africa Gospel Awards unveiled
- Game of Thrones: final season premiere date revealed
- I'm not disturbed about Menzgold saga - Joyce Blessing
- Fela would have been president of Nigeria if alive – Son
- Video: People thought I was jealous when I advised them not to invest in Menzgold – Prince David
- R. Kelly’s career is finally crashing down...Here’s how it happened
- Presby Minister launches 2 new books
- Shaker and I created a beautiful love song – NanaYaa talks about new jam