Sony Achiba has accused radio presenter, Fiifi Banson, as one of the DJs in Ghana who killed his music career.
Earlier this week, the ‘Sony Maba’ singer alleged that some Ghanaian DJs killed talents of so many artistes in the country.
In that interview, Sony Achiba stressed that while he had worked hard to be relevant in the music industry, he was pushed out abruptly by some DJs.
Speaking to Andy Dosty on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM, he noted that some years ago after Billy Ocean of Peace FM played his song on air, Fiifi Banson spoke ill of the song live on air.
Soni alleged that the words of the former Peace FM presenter who currently hosts the morning show on Kasapa FM, negatively affected his career and eventually pushed him out of the music industry.
"... Fiifi Banson came on air and discredited my song right after Billy Ocean played it. I went to the station to confront him but met Fadda Dickson [the Administrator] instead who calmed me down,” he narrated.
“If I had met Fiifi Banson, it would have been a different ball game. Why does he have to discredit me? He does not know how I suffered to produce that song and get it played on radio...,” Sony Achiba added.
Sony, who seemed really hurt by the incident, said he will never forget that event.
The musician, who is also a dancer, however, urged DJs and presenters to refrain from passing ill comments about the songs of musicians.
Fiifi Banson declined to comment when Hitz FM contacted him for a reaction to Sony Achiba’s allegations.
Meanwhile, Sony has assured his fans of an opportunity to enjoy ‘Hip-Dia’ again with a new single titled ‘Fufuo’, which would herald his return to active music.
A product of Kumasi Technical Institute (KTI), Sony Achiba, who is currently schooling in London, has three albums to his credit; ‘Indian Ocean 1’ in 2001, ‘Indian Ocean 2’ and ‘Indian Ocean 3’.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene
- Video: I’m cool with Shatta Wale, beef was just business – Criss Waddle
- Uncompleted Volta Regional theatre abandoned for 20 yrs
- 8 days of no 'dumsor' shocks Nollywood actor
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards
- Video/Photos: Labadi Beach Hotel picks 3 prestigious awards at 2018 GEM Awards
- I love your hard African face – Medikal tells Fella Makafui
- 2019 Nigerian Election: Musician Banky W joins politics
- Depression is real; seek help – Obour advices fellow musicians
- NGMA: Gifty Osei, Patience Nyarko, Joe Mettle others nominated
- Video: I haven’t quit acting, God’s work taking my time - Majid Michel
- Profanity: We don’t need censorship; it stifles creativity – Rex Omar