Coca-Cola through its FIFA World Cup™ anthem by Jason Deroulo is rallying fans around Ghana to get #Ready for the ultimate display of football supremacy to be held this weekend.
Music, like sport, evokes passion and has always been an important component of FIFA World Cup™ campaigns in the past.
This year’s tournament is no different. Sang by top American singer Jason Derulo, and with over 41 million views on YouTube, “Colors” is popular on radio and TV stations across the country during this year’s exciting World Cup, hosted by Russia and sponsored by Coca-Cola.
Speaking about the anthem and its relevance to the values of the tournament, Trade Marketing Director for The Coca-Cola Bottling Company of Ghana, Ms. Sabina Manu said, “The 2018 FIFA World Cup has proven to be an unpredictable but exciting tournament with unexpected winners and seeming underdogs beating strong footballing nations. While Ghanaians did not have the Black Stars to support, they have keenly supported the colours of other nations. From the green and white of Nigeria to the yellow, red and green of Senegal and even the red, blue and white of France. This is what “Colours” represents. It’s about celebration and the beauty in football unity. We’re more than happy to provide the soundtrack to the pride in supporting people from various backgrounds.”
To drive home that important message, Coca-Cola also partnered with emerging artists and superstars alike from around the globe to create localized versions of the song and embrace an international theme of inclusion and celebration.
“Colors” is expected to be played across homes, hospitality venues and viewing centres this weekend as Ghanaians gather to support their “colours of choice” as the football celebration comes to an end.
Coca-Cola will also be calling upon football fans in Ghana to display their dancing skills by posting videos of themselves dancing to the song on the Company’s social media pages using the hashtag #Coca-ColaColorsGhana.
Jason Derulo is a multiplatinum powerhouse whose current hit "Swalla" has over 1.9 billion views on YouTube.
With 102 million-plus single equivalent sales worldwide both his introductory breakout "Whatcha Say" and "Talk Dirty" [feat. 2 Chainz] reached quadruple-platinum status, while "Want to Want Me" and "Ridin' Solo" went triple-platinum, and "Trumpets," "Wiggle" [feat. Snoop Dogg], and "In My Head" earned double-platinum certifications. Platinum singles include "Marry Me," "The Other Side," and "It Girl," while "Get Ugly" and "Don't Wanna Go Home" went gold.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Don’t marry a woman who cannot cook – Kwesi Arthur's dad to son
- Partnering musicians as a producer is key – Jayso
- First edition of Miss United Continents, Ghana launched
- David Bolton releases visuals for ‘Odo Fofro’ featuring Samini
- Nominees for 2019 Hospitality Awards unveiled
- Musiga elections postponed to July 10
- Absolute Worship comes off July 7
- We need to stop the beef - Strongman Burner
- Media made slay queens popular - Ama K. Abebrese
- ‘Ups and Downs’ not a diss song - Strongman
- BET Awards: Stars pay tribute to Nipsey Hussle
- Rap battle: Medikal vs Strongman, who won?
- 2019 EMY Africa Awards: Full list of Winners
- Class, style, persona; Nat Attoh hosts 3rd EMY Africa Award
- DJ Switch to support Cape Coast school with educational materials