Coca-Cola through its FIFA World Cup™ anthem by Jason Deroulo is rallying fans around Ghana to get #Ready for the ultimate display of football supremacy to be held this weekend.
Music, like sport, evokes passion and has always been an important component of FIFA World Cup™ campaigns in the past.
This year’s tournament is no different. Sang by top American singer Jason Derulo, and with over 41 million views on YouTube, “Colors” is popular on radio and TV stations across the country during this year’s exciting World Cup, hosted by Russia and sponsored by Coca-Cola.
Speaking about the anthem and its relevance to the values of the tournament, Trade Marketing Director for The Coca-Cola Bottling Company of Ghana, Ms. Sabina Manu said, “The 2018 FIFA World Cup has proven to be an unpredictable but exciting tournament with unexpected winners and seeming underdogs beating strong footballing nations. While Ghanaians did not have the Black Stars to support, they have keenly supported the colours of other nations. From the green and white of Nigeria to the yellow, red and green of Senegal and even the red, blue and white of France. This is what “Colours” represents. It’s about celebration and the beauty in football unity. We’re more than happy to provide the soundtrack to the pride in supporting people from various backgrounds.”
To drive home that important message, Coca-Cola also partnered with emerging artists and superstars alike from around the globe to create localized versions of the song and embrace an international theme of inclusion and celebration.
“Colors” is expected to be played across homes, hospitality venues and viewing centres this weekend as Ghanaians gather to support their “colours of choice” as the football celebration comes to an end.
Coca-Cola will also be calling upon football fans in Ghana to display their dancing skills by posting videos of themselves dancing to the song on the Company’s social media pages using the hashtag #Coca-ColaColorsGhana.
Jason Derulo is a multiplatinum powerhouse whose current hit "Swalla" has over 1.9 billion views on YouTube.
With 102 million-plus single equivalent sales worldwide both his introductory breakout "Whatcha Say" and "Talk Dirty" [feat. 2 Chainz] reached quadruple-platinum status, while "Want to Want Me" and "Ridin' Solo" went triple-platinum, and "Trumpets," "Wiggle" [feat. Snoop Dogg], and "In My Head" earned double-platinum certifications. Platinum singles include "Marry Me," "The Other Side," and "It Girl," while "Get Ugly" and "Don't Wanna Go Home" went gold.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- MTN's Digital Music conference focuses on local artistes
- Artistes paid to put my name in their songs - Appietus
- 'I never invested in Menzgold' - Okyeame Kwame
- We dated for 5 years – Adekunle Gold confirms getting married to Simi
- Married life with Annica has been amazing - Okyeame Kwame
- Video: Yvonne Okoro reveals recording sex tape with ex-boyfriend
- I admire Abedi Pele so much – Adina
- Video: Adekunle Gold, Simi release new song to celebrate their wedding
- Daddy Lumba, Kojo Antwi comparison impossible - Okyeame Kwame
- Photos: Ataa Mensah of 'Showcase in Ga' dies at 91
- Video/Photos: Daughters of Glorious Jesus pay courtesy call to Multimedia Group
- Video: I've forgiven my parents for throwing me away when I was born – Don Little
- I'm not bothered by the young ones using my songs - Kojo Antwi
- Video: Women who earn more than their partners abuse them – D Cryme
- Video: Creative Arts has been neglected - Sidney