Less than a month since the release of his fifth studio album, Scorpion, Drake has once again blazed his way into new record as he has amassed 10 billion streams on Apple music and being the first featured artist to do so.
This milestone is huge enough to counter contrary to reports which claimed the OVO star was missing out on over a half million dollars due to his decision to not make Scorpion available in form of physical copies
With 10 billion streams, it seems to be equal if not more profitable move than the projected income that could come from felling physical copies.
The album was already marked for platinum certification upon release with singles ‘God’s Plan’ achieving 7x platinum certification and ‘Nice For What’ achieving 3x platinum certification, before the full album dropped.
Apple Music extended their congratulatory message to Drake via Twitter.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- D-Black rejects Tinny’s request for collaboration?
- Song theft accusations don't move me - Kuami Eugene
- Mr. P of P-Square slept with my wife, broke my marriage – Diamond Plantnumz alleges
- Daasebere Dwamena ‘Wo Da Enda’ cover - Who nailed it?
- 'The 2 Pilots’ movie to be premiered April 26
- Video: You leave my label at your own loss – D-Black to signees
- Photos: Jim Iyke welcomes baby boy
- Photos: Okyeame Kwame dazzles at ‘Made in Ghana’ album launch
- 26 years of courtesy calls on Chief Imam in Photos
- Okyeame Kwame’s album launch, a truly Made-In-Ghana show
- Sarkodie celebrates mother’s birthday with lovely message, photos
- Non-stop live band performance rocks Luv FM Family Party in the Park
- Video: Lil Win charms crowd at MTN-Adom Kwahu Mega Street Bash
- Photos: Families receive fresh life at Luv FM Family Party in the Park
- Tinny says 'whack' rapper comment was for hype – D Black