Less than a month since the release of his fifth studio album, Scorpion, Drake has once again blazed his way into new record as he has amassed 10 billion streams on Apple music and being the first featured artist to do so.
This milestone is huge enough to counter contrary to reports which claimed the OVO star was missing out on over a half million dollars due to his decision to not make Scorpion available in form of physical copies
With 10 billion streams, it seems to be equal if not more profitable move than the projected income that could come from felling physical copies.
The album was already marked for platinum certification upon release with singles ‘God’s Plan’ achieving 7x platinum certification and ‘Nice For What’ achieving 3x platinum certification, before the full album dropped.
Apple Music extended their congratulatory message to Drake via Twitter.
— Apple Music (@AppleMusic) July 19, 2018
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- FaceApp: Celebs fall in love with AgeChallenge
- Cobby Raymond releases Kojo Antwi inspired song
- MUSIGA has ¢70,000 locked up in Menzgold - Bessa Simons
- Nicki Minaj hints on signing Ghanaian act
- People aren’t celebrating GuiltyBeatz's prod. on Beyoncé's album – Ameyaw Debrah
- AFCON 2019: Fuse ODG to perform at closing ceremony
- Kevin Spacey: Massachusetts prosecutors drop sex assault case
- Ghanaian delegation in Spain for Vis-a-Vis Festival
- Video: Strika's handler hands over ¢40,000 to actor
- Shatta Wale to tour with Beyoncé
- We didn’t pitch any material to get selected – Bulldog opens up about Beyoncé-Shatta collab
- Milk this opportunity, it's not about ‘pah pah’ anymore – Shatta Wale told
- Shatta Wale trends #1 in Ghana, 8 worldwide after Beyonce feature news
- Celebs, fans react to news on Shatta Wale, GuiltyBeatz’s feature with Beyonce
- GuiltyBeatz produces 3 songs on Beyonce's 'The Lion King: The Gift' album