Two journalists of The Multimedia Group, Nathaniel Attoh and George Addo Jnr, have been nominated in this year’s Exclusive Men of the Year Africa Awards (EMY Africa).
This year’s event, which was launched at the Alliance Motors Showroom in Accra, also saw in attendance celebrities including Bola Ray, presenter KOD, actress Kafui Danku, Salma Mumin and many others.
Nathaniel Attoh, who hosted the event, faces stiff competition from Jake Obeng Bediako, musician Okyeame Kwame, retired footballer Stephen Appiah, and actor Harold Amenyah in the 'Man of the Year - Style (Best Groomed Man) category.
First-time nominee Goerge Addo Jnr told Daniella AduAsare, he is surprised at his nomination.
“I feel good about it, a bit surprised because I did not know the workings of it, I was really shocked to know that I was in that category,” he said.
Also known by the sobriquet ‘English Fireman’, George Addo Jnr believes his hard work in the year past has paid off with such recognition.
The Sports Journalist competes with award-winning blogger Ameyaw Debrah, Citi FM’s Benard Avle, Presenter Abeiku Santana, and Starr FM’s Giovanni Caleb in the Best Man of the Year, Communications category.
The Exclusive Men of the Year Africa Awards (EMY Africa) organized by Carbon Av and Exclusive Men’s Magazine, seeks to honour men mainly and some women in Ghana and across the continent, who have contributed to the progress of their communities, countries and the world at large.
Some other categories include the Discovery of the Year category which has Kuami Eugene, boxer Isaac Dogbe, King Promise, Kobby Blay and Alloysius Attah, as well as Men in Entertainment, in which Dancehall artiste Stonebwoy faces competition from Kumawood actor Akrobeto, Comedian DKB, Playwright Latif Abubakar and movie producer Abdul Salam.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Song theft accusations don't move me - Kuami Eugene
- Mr. P of P-Square slept with my wife, broke my marriage – Diamond Plantnumz alleges
- Daasebere Dwamena ‘Wo Da Enda’ cover - Who nailed it?
- 'The 2 Pilots’ movie to be premiered April 26
- Video: You leave my label at your own loss – D-Black to signees
- Photos: Jim Iyke welcomes baby boy
- Photos: Okyeame Kwame dazzles at ‘Made in Ghana’ album launch
- 26 years of courtesy calls on Chief Imam in Photos
- Okyeame Kwame’s album launch, a truly Made-In-Ghana show
- Sarkodie celebrates mother’s birthday with lovely message, photos
- Non-stop live band performance rocks Luv FM Family Party in the Park
- Video: Lil Win charms crowd at MTN-Adom Kwahu Mega Street Bash
- Photos: Families receive fresh life at Luv FM Family Party in the Park
- Tinny says 'whack' rapper comment was for hype – D Black
- Ebony was vilified because of her sexuality – Novelist on stereotype