For years, he turned many grown men into boys and whipped them to a pulp in a ‘father and son’ bouts but on Thursday night he became the boy blessed by his father, ex-president Jerry John Rawlings on Lexis Bills’ Personality Profile on Joy.
“I wish him the best…I like him to, at the age of 70, 75, he will enter into a TV studio. By then I will be in heaven looking down at him, looking fit. I want him to stay fit.
"I want him to demonstrate to people that you can hold onto your health and fitness if you remain disciplined enough,” Mr Rawlings said on phone to Azumah who had taken his turn on the hall of fame.
Mr Rawlings loves to talk on platforms, not on phone but for the former Super Feather Weight champion, the ex-president was ready to do anything.
And when he granted the wish of the producers to call into the programme to say a few words to the greatest African boxer of all time, Mr Rawlings said just enough, showered a lot of praises on the man who has achieved so much yet remains so humble.
“As successful as he became, he retained his humility,” Mr Rawlings said, describing Azumah Nelson as a role model, an “iron hard disciplined person.”
Azumah Nelson took Lexis Bill through the making of a legend, an African boxing legend who from an obscure background in Bukom, rose to fame, the Boxing Hall of fame by breaking jaws.
Watch the video:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- MTN's Digital Music conference focuses on local artistes
- Artistes paid to put my name in their songs - Appietus
- 'I never invested in Menzgold' - Okyeame Kwame
- We dated for 5 years – Adekunle Gold confirms getting married to Simi
- Married life with Annica has been amazing - Okyeame Kwame
- Video: Yvonne Okoro reveals recording sex tape with ex-boyfriend
- I admire Abedi Pele so much – Adina
- Video: Adekunle Gold, Simi release new song to celebrate their wedding
- Daddy Lumba, Kojo Antwi comparison impossible - Okyeame Kwame
- Photos: Ataa Mensah of 'Showcase in Ga' dies at 91
- Video/Photos: Daughters of Glorious Jesus pay courtesy call to Multimedia Group
- Video: I've forgiven my parents for throwing me away when I was born – Don Little
- I'm not bothered by the young ones using my songs - Kojo Antwi
- Video: Women who earn more than their partners abuse them – D Cryme
- Video: Creative Arts has been neglected - Sidney