Hiphop artiste, Kwesi Arthur, says his Black Entertainment Television (BET) nomination has united the Ghanaian music industry.
The “Anthem” hitmaker has been nominated for the Viewer’s Choice ‘Best New International Act’ for the 2018 BET Awards.
His nomination has received massive support from both mainstream and underground artistes in the country.
The likes of Sarkodie, Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Kidi, M.anifest, MzVee Kwaw Kesse, Kuami Eugene, King Promise and many others, have taken to their various social media handles to show their support and also entreat others to vote for the young rapper.
For a while now, there have been talks by some industry persons that Ghanaian artistes don’t support each other and there in no unity amongst persons in their space.
Speaking in an interview with KMJ on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM, Kwesi Arthur said he was humbled by the support and love he has received from the music industry.
He highlighted the unity his nomination has brought to the music industry.
“…There is unity. Everyone is posting about it on social media. Sarkodie to Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Jocelyn Dumas, John Dumelo and others are all posting about it. I think the unity is back because everyone is talking about it. If that is not unity then I don’t know what that is…,” he said.
Kwesi Arthur said he was surprised after he received news that he had been nominated for the BET Awards.
The young artiste said, “I am very confused right now but I feel blessed because I was not expecting it and I feel like God is at work. I didn’t believe it…”
To win that award, he has to beat off competition from Mc Soffia (Brazil), Prince Waly (France), Niniola (Nigeria), Sjava (South Africa), Sik-K (South Korea), Nailah Blackman (Trinidad And Tobago), Not3s (UK), Iamddb (UK) and Take A Mic (France).
Kwesi Arthur, whose song ‘Grind Day’ won ‘Hip Pop Song of the Year’ at the 2018 Ghana Music Awards, becomes the second Ghanaian to be nominated for that category. MzVee was nominated for that award in 2015.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video/Photos: Labadi Beach Hotel picks 3 prestigious awards at 2018 GEM Awards
- I love your hard African face – Medikal tells Fella Makafui
- 2019 Nigerian Election: Musician Banky W joins politics
- Depression is real; seek help – Obour advices fellow musicians
- NGMA: Gifty Osei, Patience Nyarko, Joe Mettle others nominated
- Video: I haven’t quit acting, God’s work taking my time - Majid Michel
- Profanity: We don’t need censorship; it stifles creativity – Rex Omar
- Video: Leave Medikal and Fella Makafui alone – Okyeame Kwame
- Ghanaian-British actor Peter Mensah in Ghana
- Stan Lee: Marvel Comics co-creator dies aged 95
- Impressive dress rehearsal for terrific national Mardi Gras in 2019
- Video: Captain Planet reveals how his dead dog connected him to his wife
- Video: ‘Who is Kwesi Arthur?’ check out his response
- Politics scares me now - Maame Dokono
- Donzy, Ephraim ready to go to jail for refusing to pay toll on motorway