Hiphop artiste, Kwesi Arthur, says his Black Entertainment Television (BET) nomination has united the Ghanaian music industry.
The “Anthem” hitmaker has been nominated for the Viewer’s Choice ‘Best New International Act’ for the 2018 BET Awards.
His nomination has received massive support from both mainstream and underground artistes in the country.
The likes of Sarkodie, Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Kidi, M.anifest, MzVee Kwaw Kesse, Kuami Eugene, King Promise and many others, have taken to their various social media handles to show their support and also entreat others to vote for the young rapper.
For a while now, there have been talks by some industry persons that Ghanaian artistes don’t support each other and there in no unity amongst persons in their space.
Speaking in an interview with KMJ on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM, Kwesi Arthur said he was humbled by the support and love he has received from the music industry.
He highlighted the unity his nomination has brought to the music industry.
“…There is unity. Everyone is posting about it on social media. Sarkodie to Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Jocelyn Dumas, John Dumelo and others are all posting about it. I think the unity is back because everyone is talking about it. If that is not unity then I don’t know what that is…,” he said.
Kwesi Arthur said he was surprised after he received news that he had been nominated for the BET Awards.
The young artiste said, “I am very confused right now but I feel blessed because I was not expecting it and I feel like God is at work. I didn’t believe it…”
To win that award, he has to beat off competition from Mc Soffia (Brazil), Prince Waly (France), Niniola (Nigeria), Sjava (South Africa), Sik-K (South Korea), Nailah Blackman (Trinidad And Tobago), Not3s (UK), Iamddb (UK) and Take A Mic (France).
Kwesi Arthur, whose song ‘Grind Day’ won ‘Hip Pop Song of the Year’ at the 2018 Ghana Music Awards, becomes the second Ghanaian to be nominated for that category. MzVee was nominated for that award in 2015.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Artistes paid to put my name in their songs - Appietus
- 'I never invested in Menzgold' - Okyeame Kwame
- We dated for 5 years – Adekunle Gold confirms getting married to Simi
- Married life with Annica has been amazing - Okyeame Kwame
- Video: Yvonne Okoro reveals recording sex tape with ex-boyfriend
- I admire Abedi Pele so much – Adina
- Video: Adekunle Gold, Simi release new song to celebrate their wedding
- Daddy Lumba, Kojo Antwi comparison impossible - Okyeame Kwame
- Photos: Ataa Mensah of 'Showcase in Ga' dies at 91
- Video/Photos: Daughters of Glorious Jesus pay courtesy call to Multimedia Group
- Video: I've forgiven my parents for throwing me away when I was born – Don Little
- I'm not bothered by the young ones using my songs - Kojo Antwi
- Video: Women who earn more than their partners abuse them – D Cryme
- Video: Creative Arts has been neglected - Sidney
- Video: I’ll be tagged greedy if I disclose how much I invested with Menzgold – Lil Win