Gospel musician, Joseph Oscar Nii Armah Mettle, popularly known as Joe Mettle, has been crowned the Male Artiste of Excellence, Africa at the African Gospel Music and Media Awards 2018 held in the UK.
He won over colleague musicians from Nigeria, Zambia, South Africa and the UK.
The event, which was held on Saturday, June 2, at the East London Arts and Music Auditorium, saw many African gospel artistes in attendance.
Joe Mettle also took home the Gospel Song of Excellence Award with his cross-cultural, inspiring song, ‘Bo Noo Ni’ (No One Else). The song has blessed many people and has received over 3 million views on YouTube.
Other winners on the night included Dr Tumi from South Africa, Sammie Okposo and Preye Odede, all from Nigeria.
Receiving the award, Joe thanked the organizers for the recognition and subsequently dedicated it to all young Africans across the continent working hard in spite of current challenges they face.
Joe Mettle and his Love Gift team, are set to host patrons for yet another edition of his annual Praiz Reloaded gospel concert.
This year’s event is slated for June 24, 2018, at the Action Chapel International Headquarters, Spintex, Accra.
The theme for the event is “Atmosphere of Miracles”, based on the scripture in Acts 2:1-4. 'Praiz Reloaded' is in its 7th year and attracts audiences from across the world.
The event will feature live performances from Joe Mettle, Onos Ariyo (Nigeria), Uncle Ato (Ghana), Areatha Anderson (UK), Luigi Maclean (Ghana), Simian (France) among others.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Epilepsy charity 'says SA fainting dance craze should end'
- Photos: Ghana, Nigeria delegation arrive in South Africa for tourism hosting
- Kim Porter's son pens emotional post about his late mother
- Video: NDC Congress: Oye Lithur dances to Shatta’s “I know my level”
- Video: Check out Rawlings' dance moves at Konadu's birthday bash
- Elvis Presley to get US Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Joe Mettle to thrill audience at praise jam thanksgiving
- Boomplay, Universal Music announce distribution partnership for Africa
- Kim Porter, mother to three of Diddy's children, dies aged 47
- Video: I’m not bothered by ‘dumb question’ trolls – Wendy Shay
- 2018 AFRIMA in limbo, organisers to call off Ghana event if gov’t…
- Video: Royal visit was just wrong – Fuse ODG
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle