There was pandemonium at Paloma Hotel in Accra Saturday evening when music producer Bulldog allegedly attacked Dancehall artiste, Stonebwoy and his crew who were holding a mini concert at the hotel.
Gunshots rang in the hotel causing panic among guests and hotel staff.
A younger brother of the musician, who was at the concert is said to have been injured and has made a complaint of assault and theft against Bulldog born Lawrence Nana Asiamah Hanson at the Nima Police station.
Eyewitnesses said Bulldog’s men hit Stonebwoy's brother, snatched his wallet containing an unspecified amount of money and attempted to seize the musician's Mercedes Benz.
Stonebwoy, born Livingstone Etse Satekla, told Joy News' Becky that he had finished a performance on the University of Ghana campus and was at Paloma to support KelvinBwoy who was holding his ‘AfroBeats’ tour there.
"I just got off the stage at Legon [Liman Hall], and it was a super performance like I always do. So we drove over to Champs for the next event.
"We were chilling in the room and then we heard bang...and cursing..." he said.
The Jungle hitmaker said he had sent his brother to the car to bring his clothes when they heard the commotion.
"They hit [my brother] on the lips, they took the car keys from him and they sat in the car...if not for my bodyguard, they would have driven my car away and that would have been something else," he recounted.
He said his manager, BlackCedi is dealing with the situation.
"I think in this country so many people are taking the law into their own hands because certain people in authority give them their support," he said.
Joy News' attempts to get Bulldog's side of the story have so far been unsuccessful.
Watch the video below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- VGMA@20: Oragnisers fail to announce 'Artiste of the Year' due to Shatta, Stonebwoy fight
- VGMA@20: Sarkodie crowned ‘Artiste of the Decade’
- VGMA@20: “You are my son” – Amakye Dede crowns Kuami Eugene
- “I’m really sorry” - Stonebwoy apolgises for pulling gun at VGMA@20
- Video: VGMA@20: Stonebwoy pulls gun as Bhim Nation, Shatta Wale camps clash
- Photos: Fashion moment on the Red Carpet of VGMA@20
- VGMA@20: Check out winners at 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- VGMA@20: Live updates of 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- I’m rooting for Kuami Eugene to win ‘Artiste of the Year’ – Okyeame Kwame
- Video: Watch 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards live
- Arnold Schwarzenegger drop-kicked at South Africa event
- It's fraud when artiste don't perform live – Samini
- Staying united secured our success - Daughters of Glorious Jesus
- Kwesi Arthur, Chris Attoh, Dumelo, others headline week's entertainment news
- Give underground artistes slots on big shows – Rapper Ikroniq pleads