Rapper D-Black has strongly disagreed with actor John Dumelo’s allegations that government budgeted millions to celebrate this year’s Independence Day on Tuesday, March 6.
The rapper, born Desmond Blackmore, believes unlike the past National Democratic Congress (NDC) administration, the current government didn’t spend on this year’s celebrations.
“The government didn’t budget millions to celebrate Ghana Independence this year bros. Presido said nope! No need. However, last 2,3,4,5 years ago ....” D-Black said in a response to John Dumelo who believes Ghana has nothing to celebrate as it turned 61 on Tuesday, March 6, 2018.
Mr Dumelo who campaigned for the NDC in the 2016 elections, in a tweet on Tuesday, noted that it a total waste of money to celebrate Independence Day when people lack schools and computers to study.
“On 2nd thoughts, there’s nothing to celebrate. Pupils lie on their stomachs to study in Yikurugu, UER [Upper East Region], teachers teach IT with no computers all over the country etc. Yet we budget millions to celebrate 6th March? Ghana without aid starts with us getting our priorities straight,” he said.
After D-Black’s rebuttal of John Demelo’s claim, the actor quizzed the rapper, “You know the budget?”
D-Black, who had declared support for the New Patriotic Party (NPP) in the 2016 elections, quickly retorted “Budget for...? What actually is going on?...What exactly is the government doing...? Bro this is the quietest Ghana Independence I’ve seen in years g.”
Not satisfied, Mr Dumelo quickly responded, “Ah Black paaaa....lets meet again next year wai”.
D-Black alleged that the NDC government spend more on such celebrations during their tenure.
“Make the ppl of Ghana list the ridiculous expenses made on Ghana Independence in previous years for u. And then compare. the past gvt during the era of dumsor spent on scarves, cloth, celebration concerts etc when business were failing and basic necessities for the ppl were ”
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Obour teams up with Obogu Traditional Council to spread joy
- Huawei confirms termination of contract with Teacher Kwadwo
- Video: My dad’s death inspired me to be a nurse – Wendy Shay reveals
- Video: There’s nothing like a ‘dumb’ question – Wendy Shay apologises
- God is my best friend – Wendy Shay
- Video: Sakawa victim wasn’t talking about me – Medikal reacts to fraud claims
- Video: I created 4x4, I will bring them back – Bright of Buk Bak
- Video: I didn’t save Fella Makafui’s name as ‘Carpenter’ – Medikal replies Sister Derby
- I never dated Kojo Antwi – Nana Yaa clears the air
- Is 'Dumsor' back? - Yvonne Nelson asks
- Catherine Afeku wins ‘Most Active Tourism Minister’ award
- Fuse ODG, Sarkodie, Joey B others to rock at maiden TINA Festival
- ‘Master and the 3 Maids’ successfully launched on Joy Prime
- Season 2 of Apartment 22 premieres on Joy Prime
- Season 3 of Kejetia vs Makola airs this weekend on Joy Prime