Hiplife artiste Ex-Doe has revealed that some members of the gay community in Ghana have offered him ¢50,000 to compose a campaign song for them.
The song, according to him, is to champion activities for gays in Ghana.
Currently, Ghana’s laws abhor unnatural canal knowledge [penetration through other means other than female sex organ] but there is a huge criticism of sexual relationships or marriage between gays or lesbians.
“Some time ago they [the gay community] called my management, they wanted me to do a campaign song for them for them to get their rights.
"They wanted me to do that and they offered me… ¢50,000,” the ‘Maba’ hit rapper told Lexis Bill in an interview on Behind the Fame on Drive Time on Joy FM on Monday.
“I asked myself why me,” he said.
Ex-Doe stressed that he is not gay and has no intentions of being gay so he wondered why they approached him.
“ I am just doing my business as a musician,” he said and therefore did not attach any personal views to the decision to record the song.
“My management thought the money is small…because this one is a big task for me,” he said explaining that doing the song may create the impression that he is also gay.
Ex-Doe said he personally does not have any problem with people who are gay.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: I thought Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale would learn from my experience – Gemann
- DJ Switch makes it unto billboard in Times Square
- Kwesi Arthur motivates students to win 2019 Queen’s Commonwealth Essay
- KiDi: Charterhouse should be sanctioned for role in VGMA brawl
- Fault Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale but blame Charterhouse too – Sarkodie
- Jim Iyke enjoys bullying me – Ini Edo
- Harvey Weinstein 'to settle with accusers for $44m'
- M.anifest fights child abuse
- Ebony Reign still reigns as Artiste of the Year after VGMA@20 fiasco
- Video: I'm going to limit the comedy, I'm a father of twins now - Funny Face
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale banned indefinitely, stripped of all VGMA 2019 awards
- Shatta Wale withdraws from Ghana Music Awards scheme
- You can be a star today but a criminal tomorrow - Gemann to Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy
- Cardi B postpones concert over plastic surgery woes
- Newly crowned 'Artiste of the Decade' gives artistes lessons on self-control