Hiplife artiste Ex-Doe has revealed that some members of the gay community in Ghana have offered him ¢50,000 to compose a campaign song for them.
The song, according to him, is to champion activities for gays in Ghana.
Currently, Ghana’s laws abhor unnatural canal knowledge [penetration through other means other than female sex organ] but there is a huge criticism of sexual relationships or marriage between gays or lesbians.
“Some time ago they [the gay community] called my management, they wanted me to do a campaign song for them for them to get their rights.
"They wanted me to do that and they offered me… ¢50,000,” the ‘Maba’ hit rapper told Lexis Bill in an interview on Behind the Fame on Drive Time on Joy FM on Monday.
“I asked myself why me,” he said.
Ex-Doe stressed that he is not gay and has no intentions of being gay so he wondered why they approached him.
“ I am just doing my business as a musician,” he said and therefore did not attach any personal views to the decision to record the song.
“My management thought the money is small…because this one is a big task for me,” he said explaining that doing the song may create the impression that he is also gay.
Ex-Doe said he personally does not have any problem with people who are gay.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- There’s no beef between Medikal and I – Kuami Eugene
- Afro-beats musician Skye Brain releases new single ‘The Soul Grind’
- A night of talent, surprises await patrons at Joy FM’s Open Mic Friday
- Don’t date for too long - MzVee advises
- Bleaching is not the beauty standard – Fuse ODG
- MTN's Digital Music conference focuses on local artistes
- Artistes paid to put my name in their songs - Appietus
- 'I never invested in Menzgold' - Okyeame Kwame
- We dated for 5 years – Adekunle Gold confirms getting married to Simi
- Married life with Annica has been amazing - Okyeame Kwame
- Video: Yvonne Okoro reveals recording sex tape with ex-boyfriend
- I admire Abedi Pele so much – Adina
- Video: Adekunle Gold, Simi release new song to celebrate their wedding
- Daddy Lumba, Kojo Antwi comparison impossible - Okyeame Kwame
- Photos: Ataa Mensah of 'Showcase in Ga' dies at 91