Hiplife artiste Ex-Doe has revealed that some members of the gay community in Ghana have offered him ¢50,000 to compose a campaign song for them.
The song, according to him, is to champion activities for gays in Ghana.
Currently, Ghana’s laws abhor unnatural canal knowledge [penetration through other means other than female sex organ] but there is a huge criticism of sexual relationships or marriage between gays or lesbians.
“Some time ago they [the gay community] called my management, they wanted me to do a campaign song for them for them to get their rights.
"They wanted me to do that and they offered me… ¢50,000,” the ‘Maba’ hit rapper told Lexis Bill in an interview on Behind the Fame on Drive Time on Joy FM on Monday.
“I asked myself why me,” he said.
Ex-Doe stressed that he is not gay and has no intentions of being gay so he wondered why they approached him.
“ I am just doing my business as a musician,” he said and therefore did not attach any personal views to the decision to record the song.
“My management thought the money is small…because this one is a big task for me,” he said explaining that doing the song may create the impression that he is also gay.
Ex-Doe said he personally does not have any problem with people who are gay.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Photos: Kinaata, Mama Zimbi, Capt. Smart, others wow fans as models
- Beyoncé, Meghan Markle finally meet at 'The Lion King' premiere
- Miss Ghana winners trend after being labelled "ugly"
- Why Yvonne Nelson won’t take up political office
- Video: Afia Pokua’s take on girls patronising ‘Mama Gee’s’ 'sexual enhancers'
- Being a first-time mum slowed me down – Yvonne Nelson
- ‘Strika' makes formal complaint against 'duping' handlers
- Support Patapaa he is talented – Kofi Kinaata
- Adom Fm Music Chart (Week 27): DopeNation tops chart with ‘Zanku’
- Video: Strika cries foul, accuses handlers of duping him
- If you are struggling in life, Stonebwoy has a song for you - Tuffseed
- Language barrier restricts my rap – Kofi Kinaata
- Davido, Chris Brown to collaborate on new song
- R. Kelly ‘arrested on federal sex charges,
- Tourism Authority partners The Multimedia Group for Miss Heritage Global