Ivorian filmmakers have revealed they were hit by the demise of dancehall artiste Ebony Reigns.
The filmmakers, who were present at the nominees’ announcement of Golden Movie Awards which took place at Le Palais de la Culture in Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire were full of praise for the ‘Maame Hwe’ singer.
“I watch and follow some of the Ghanaian stars so I know some them. John Dumelo, Majid and being in the film industry, I get to be part of certain things...I know Sarkodie and other singers.
"I was really saddened by the singer that passed away just recently,” Ivorian film star, Stephane Zabavy told JoyNews’ MzGee.
Another renowned star, Eric Ahinaro, was also the MC for the Golden Movie Awards Africa described Ebony’s death as “brutal”.
“It was a huge loss. Everybody loves Ebony, she used to be pretty and she is still pretty in our memories. The loss was also so brutal, it affected the fans here. It is a huge loss,” he said.
Watch the video as the filmmakers also speak fondly of the presence of the Golden Movie Awards scheme in their country.
The main awards come off on June 2, 2018, at the Mövenpick Ambassador Hotel in Accra.
Watch the video:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Six new school songs influenced by old school
- Video: Why should I attend Willi Roi’s funeral? – Stonebwoy
- I can’t beat Annie – 2Baba refutes wife-beating allegations
- Joy FM/Kojo Antwi Love concert: Easier to buy a ticket but harder to go home
- Koffi Olomide faces seven-year jail term over Paris sex assault
- Photos: All set for Joy FM's Lovers Dinner Dance with Kojo Antwi
- Video: Why is Akufo-Addo silent on Menzgold? - Stonebwoy wonders
- What a Kojo Antwi song has put together, let no one put asunder
- 2019 Africa Travel Indaba kicks off from May 2
- Kojo Antwi’s music gets lady out of coma, prevented suicide
- Video: I was a betweener for my husband - Azigiza's wife reveals
- Photos: John Mahama is ‘grandfather’, ‘daughter’ welcomes baby boy
- 3Music Awards 2019: Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Kwesi Arthur top nomination list
- My husband is the pillar of my life – Ohemaa Mercy
- Video/Photos: DJ Switch wows African leaders at AU headquarters