The representative of the Ivorian Ministry of Culture, Monsieur Diakite is calling Anglophone and Francophone countries to share cultures through movie productions.
Monsieur Diakite, who spoke on behalf of the Ivorian Culture Ministry, applauded the organizers of Golden Movie Awards Africa for their commitment to honouring African movie makers.
Speaking to JoyNews’ MzGee at the nominees’ announcement held at Le Palais de la Culture in Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire, Monsieur Diakite said the initiative will promote solidarity among West African countries.
“It is a good initiative that will promote solidarity among countries involved and this should be promoted and developed so that our movie producers and actors can work together. We need to share our culture through working together, cinema halls in Cote D’Ivoire should be able to screen Ghanaian movies and vice versa,” he said.
“The country of Côte d'Ivoire is open for more prestigious programmes like this; we have the infrastructure and the skill to host such programmes,” Monsieur Diakite added.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Gee Spot: Your entertainment hot spot enters season 2
- Kanye West attacks Drake in Twitter tirade
- Video: No room for Kojo Antwi, Pat Thomas on my album – NanaYaa
- Inside my Xmas hamper
- Dancehall diva Shegah bags three International awards
- Francis Agyei drops 'Ilona' video ahead of album launch
- Video: Osibisa's Teddy Osei blesses Wiyaala
- I’m Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale put together – Cynthia Millz
- Ghanaians are gradually losing interest in gospel music – A.F Benjamin
- New Music: Kwaisey Pee bounces back with ‘Mabre’ feat. YaaYaa
- Photos: Ghana, Nigeria celebs enjoy Gauteng, KZN, Free State and Global Citizens Concert
- I never said if Shatta Wale organizes awards, Stonebwoy will win ‘Best Dancehall Artiste’ - Ponobiom
- Instinct Wave, HG Concepts set to premiere comedy movie ‘Jacob’
- Video: I went through trials for 10 years - Papa Shee
- Video: Popular musician stuck inside married woman during sex