Dancehall artiste, Charles Nii Armah Mensah has finally revealed the theme and motive behind his new music video, “Gringo” which has created a lot of buzz in the media since its release.
According to the dancehall artiste, the music video depicts his life as a musician in the entertainment industry.
Shatta said “Gringo” is a Mexican term meaning foreigner, adding that, he sees himself as a foreigner since re-branding from Bandana to Shatta Wale.
He explained that even though people are complaining about the duration of the song, he used it as an opener to his next album, “The Reign”.
“It’s a Mexican term meaning foreigner. People saw Shatta Wale as a foreigner. This is a stranger who came to conquer the music industry. I wanted to break barriers for everyone to know who Shatta Wale is,” he said.
“It [Gringo] is an introduction to my album, 'The Reign'. I have got some great collaborations and it’s gonna be a great album…”
Asked why he’s tagged controversial, the “Ayoo” hitmaker said: “I have a professional life and personal life. There is no fighting. When I am on Facebook it’s a brand so I keep things that way…” he maintained.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Francis Agyei drops 'Ilona' video ahead of album launch
- Video: Osibisa's Teddy Osei blesses Wiyaala
- I’m Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale put together – Cynthia Millz
- Ghanaians are gradually losing interest in gospel music – A.F Benjamin
- New Music: Kwaisey Pee bounces back with ‘Mabre’ feat. YaaYaa
- Photos: Ghana, Nigeria celebs enjoy Gauteng, KZN, Free State and Global Citizens Concert
- I never said if Shatta Wale organizes awards, Stonebwoy will win ‘Best Dancehall Artiste’ - Ponobiom
- Instinct Wave, HG Concepts set to premiere comedy movie ‘Jacob’
- Video: I went through trials for 10 years - Papa Shee
- Video: Popular musician stuck inside married woman during sex
- We serve you ‘hot’ Adonko for Christmas– Kev, Grenade
- Corporate Kumasi thrilled at first-ever Luv FM-Royal Golf Club ‘Business and Banter’ hang-out
- Sarkodie bashes brainwashed African leaders
- Kwaw Kese to stop smoking in 2019
- Video: People still doubt me because of Ofori Amponsah - Evangelist Papa Shee