Dancehall artiste, Charles Nii Armah Mensah has finally revealed the theme and motive behind his new music video, “Gringo” which has created a lot of buzz in the media since its release.
According to the dancehall artiste, the music video depicts his life as a musician in the entertainment industry.
Shatta said “Gringo” is a Mexican term meaning foreigner, adding that, he sees himself as a foreigner since re-branding from Bandana to Shatta Wale.
He explained that even though people are complaining about the duration of the song, he used it as an opener to his next album, “The Reign”.
“It’s a Mexican term meaning foreigner. People saw Shatta Wale as a foreigner. This is a stranger who came to conquer the music industry. I wanted to break barriers for everyone to know who Shatta Wale is,” he said.
“It [Gringo] is an introduction to my album, 'The Reign'. I have got some great collaborations and it’s gonna be a great album…”
Asked why he’s tagged controversial, the “Ayoo” hitmaker said: “I have a professional life and personal life. There is no fighting. When I am on Facebook it’s a brand so I keep things that way…” he maintained.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- VGMA@20: Police arrest one person after Shatta-Stonebwoy brawl
- VGMA@20: Oragnisers fail to announce 'Artiste of the Year' due to Shatta, Stonebwoy fight
- VGMA@20: Sarkodie crowned ‘Artiste of the Decade’
- VGMA@20: “You are my son” – Amakye Dede crowns Kuami Eugene
- “I’m really sorry” - Stonebwoy apolgises for pulling gun at VGMA@20
- Video: VGMA@20: Stonebwoy pulls gun as Bhim Nation, Shatta Wale camps clash
- Photos: Fashion moment on the Red Carpet of VGMA@20
- VGMA@20: Check out winners at 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- VGMA@20: Live updates of 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- I’m rooting for Kuami Eugene to win ‘Artiste of the Year’ – Okyeame Kwame
- Video: Watch 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards live
- Arnold Schwarzenegger drop-kicked at South Africa event
- It's fraud when artiste don't perform live – Samini
- Staying united secured our success - Daughters of Glorious Jesus
- Kwesi Arthur, Chris Attoh, Dumelo, others headline week's entertainment news