Ghana’s first five-star hotel, Labadi Beach Hotel, over the weekend picked three prestigious awards at the maiden Guest Experience Masters Awards (GEM Awards 2018).
The three was the highest number of awards won by a hotel at the maiden edition of the awards which took place at the same venue.
Organised by Intrigued by Service, a hospitality and destination management consultancy, the GEM Awards is aimed at recognising the hard work of some of the country’s hospitality institutions.
Amanda Prah, a consultant at Intrigued by Service, explained during the launch of the awards in May this year that, “GEM is giving the users of hotels, restaurants, spas and lounges the opportunity to voice out their experiences on services rendered to at these places. So basically we think it is about time that guest and service owners spoke out and got what is best.”
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
On the Awards night, Labadi Beach Hotel won ‘Best Guest Experience’, ‘Value for Money – Hotel’, and ‘Outstanding GEM Hotel 2018’.
The Awards, which was in collaboration with the Ghana Tourism Authority, also saw Mövenpick Ambassador Hotel win ‘Best Business Hotel’.
Peduase Valley Resort was adjudged ‘Best Ghana Escape’ while Royal Senchi Resort won ‘Best Welcome Experience’.
The maiden edition of the awards was graced by several dignitaries including First Lady Rebecca Akufo-Addo.
See the full list of winners below:
Best Business Hotel - Mövenpick Ambassador Hotel
Best Guest Experience - Labadi Beach Hotel
Best Ghana Escape - Peduase Valley Resort
Most Spoiling Spa - Wellness Spa Institute
Best Night Life - Bloom Bar
Best on the Beach - Aqua Safari Resort
Best Dressed Hotel - Kempinski Gold Coast City Hotel
Best Game Changer - Bloom Bar
Hotel Restaurant Menu of the Year - Holiday Inn
Stand-Alone Restaurant Menu of the Year - La Chaumière
Best Family Hotel - African Regent Hotel
Rising Star Award - Yandeh Joof - Fiesta Residences
Investors in People - Protea Select by Marriott
Luxury for Development - Zaina Lodge
Best Welcome Experience - Royal Senchi Resort
Best for M.I.C.E. (Meetings, Incentive, Conferences & Exhibitions) - Alisa Hotel
Outstanding Social Media Engagement - NyoNyo Essentials
Value for Money - Hotel - Labadi Beach Hotel
Outstanding Catering-On-Demand - Fiona Foods
Outstanding Street Food - Auntie Muni Waakye
Best Dressed Serviced Apartment - Fiesta Residences
Outstanding GEM Hotel 2018 - Labadi Beach Hotel
iGhana Award Honorees
1. Africa World Airlines - Showcasing Ghana Across West Africa
2. Bob Pixel - Bob Pixel Photography
3. Steve Ababio - Destination Africa
4. Steven Adusei - Beautiful Ghana
5. Yaw Pare - Random Ghana Pictures
Special Women's Award Honorees
1. Babara Baëta
2. Mona Boyd
3. Nana Obuobi I (Afrakuma Bannerman
4. Selassie Atadika (Midunu)
5. Vida Sunkwa-Mills
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Okomfo Kwadee says he doesn’t think he can ever quit smoking
- Reekado Banks still part of Mavin Records – Don Jazzy
- Davido risks jail term over threat to blogger’s life
- I haven’t found someone who can tolerate me – E.L on being single
- You’re not qualified to grade rappers if I’m not in Top 5 list – E.L
- Joy Prime, SALM excite thousands at ‘A Beautiful Christmas’ concert
- Peace Hyde speaks on gender parity in Media at the Africa 2018 Forum in Egypt
- Sarkodie is a brother regardless of what people say – E.L
- Video/Photos: MTN Music Festival thrills patrons on Farmers’ Day
- Creative arts industry is an orphan - Kwaw Ansah
- Abena crowned Ghana’s Most Beautiful 2018
- Watch: Shatta Wale releases video for ‘My Level’ hit song
- Popular actor narrates how he lived with a ghost for 3 months
- Photos from Kufuor’s 80th birthday celebrations
- Joy FM presents perfect family getaway on Dec 22