Multichoice, operators of DStv and GOtv scored big at the annual PromaxDBA Awards held recently in Johannesburg, South Africa.
At the end of the night, which is the world’s highest accolade for creative professionals within the industry/television promotion and marketing professionals, DStv scooped eight gold awards, seven silver awards and four bronze awards.
The Opera Campaign took home the most awards, winning gold in the following categories; Best Image Campaign, Best Theme Campaign, Best Promo only using Promo Footage and Best Music Composition - refer to the list below for a full list of winning promos.
And for the first time, MultiChoice Africa took home the Best Public Service Announcement/Community Spot award for a promo that delves into Brian Michelo’s journey as an intern for the SuperSport Gaining Insight from Training (GIFT) programme, to being the first Zambian Audio Mixer!
The GIFT programme empowers the continent’s broadcast technicians with quality television production skills and absorbs them into the system so that they’re gainfully employed.
Not to be outdone, GOtv walked away with three awards namely; one gold and two silver awards for the World Cup campaign in the following categories; the Fox Networks Group Mama Africa Award (gold), Best Special Event Promo (silver) and Best Sports Promo (silver).
The Promax Awards are recognised around the world as being the highest accolade for creative professionals within the industry/television promotion and marketing professionals.
The awards are judged by an international panel of Promotion and Marketing professionals, based on three criteria: overall creativity, production quality and results in achieving marketing objectives.
Studio Zoo, a hybrid agency/production company with 18 years experience in the African media industry, specialises in creating memorable promotions for broadcast, produced most of the promos that won and walked away with a gold award for the Best Promo Team.
“We are truly blessed to be working with clients like you and on such an amazing brand. Thank you for the support and encouragement – we greatly value the partnership,” said Studio Zoo Director, Cathy Ferrara.
On hearing the news, MultiChoice Africa’s Chief Customer Officer said: “It’s a huge honour for us and a true indicator of the resonance our brands have with our customers.
“Our mission is to deliver value to customers by making great entertainment accessible and we will continue to do so by finding and developing the right mix of content and deliver it to millions of people across Africa – anytime, anywhere through our service brands DStv and GOtv.”
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: I've forgiven my parents for throwing me away when I was born – Don Little
- I'm not bothered by the young ones using my songs - Kojo Antwi
- Video: Women who earn more than their partners abuse them – D Cryme
- Video: Creative Arts has been neglected - Sidney
- Video: I’ll be tagged greedy if I disclose how much I invested with Menzgold – Lil Win
- Celine Dion, Chance pull tracks with R. Kelly
- Rihanna takes father to court in trademark dispute
- #10YearChallenge: Multimedia staffs chime in
- Video: If you have sex tape of me and Adebayor prove it for $100k – Yvonne Okoro
- #10yearchallenge: See epic throwback photos of Ghanaian celebs
- Video: I’m not exclusive until you marry me – Yvonne Okoro
- Video: I would’ve accepted Menzgold ambassador deal – Yvonne Okoro
- 'You’ve shown me what real love is' – Becca celebrates husband's birthday
- Stop the rubbish; I never invested in Menzgold – Yvonne Nelson
- Menzgold-endorsing celebs not to blame – Brand expert