UK-based Ghanaian Afrobeat artiste Fuse ODG has condemned the preferential treatment given to Prince Charles and his wife Camilla during their recent visit to Ghana.
The “Antenna” hitmaker described the Royal visit to Ghana as “wrong” and wondered why precious time and resources should be spent on such visits.
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall arrived in Ghana on Friday, November 2 for a four-day visit.
Fuse ODG recently vented on social media criticising Ghanaians for overhyping the visit of Prince Charles.
He was not happy that the Royal couple, during their visit, where given the finest welcomes as many school kids stood by the roadside to wave at them.
The UK-based Ghanaian musician sees no reason why the royal couple should be given such an esteem welcome.
Explaining why he was not happy about the visit, Fuse ODG told Andy Dosty in an interview on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM that Ghanaians should rather learn to celebrate their own.
“The whole thing was just wrong…they came to check up on their kids,” he said and alleged that “they” came to keep Ghanaians in check. “We are still slaves.”
“I love our President. He has a different mentally” but he believes that the Whites should rather spend their time apologising and pay for what they have done to Africans.
“They don’t dance when we go there…so why are we dancing” to welcome these foreign dignitaries when they come to Ghana.
Fuse ODG, who said he was angry just talking about the issue, noted that “there’s not enough celebration of us out there. There is not enough celebration of us down here.”
The Afrobeat musician advised that it was time Ghanaians and Africans have a united front and fight together.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Six new school songs influenced by old school
- Video: Why should I attend Willi Roi’s funeral? – Stonebwoy
- I can’t beat Annie – 2Baba refutes wife-beating allegations
- Joy FM/Kojo Antwi Love concert: Easier to buy a ticket but harder to go home
- Koffi Olomide faces seven-year jail term over Paris sex assault
- Photos: All set for Joy FM's Lovers Dinner Dance with Kojo Antwi
- Video: Why is Akufo-Addo silent on Menzgold? - Stonebwoy wonders
- What a Kojo Antwi song has put together, let no one put asunder
- 2019 Africa Travel Indaba kicks off from May 2
- Kojo Antwi’s music gets lady out of coma, prevented suicide
- Video: I was a betweener for my husband - Azigiza's wife reveals
- Photos: John Mahama is ‘grandfather’, ‘daughter’ welcomes baby boy
- 3Music Awards 2019: Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Kwesi Arthur top nomination list
- My husband is the pillar of my life – Ohemaa Mercy
- Video/Photos: DJ Switch wows African leaders at AU headquarters