Member of defunct Nigeria music group P-Square, Peter Okoye, says Ghanaians should not criticize rapper Sarkodie for promoting Nigerian videos on his Instagram page.
In August 2018, rapper Sarkodie was attacked by some social media users for promoting Mr P’s single titled ‘Wokie Wokie’ on his page rather than supporting his Ghanaian colleagues.
Their anger stems from the cold reception Ghanaian artistes received in Nigeria during the launch of Zylofon Media and Menzgold in that country.
Mr P who is in Ghana for the AFRIMAs told Doreen Avio in an interview that rapper Sarkodie is one of the most humble musicians he has met in Ghana and does not think people should criticize him for posting a friend’s music video.
“This is Africa and you can’t just say because he put up my music, people are sad that he is not doing that for his fellow people, Sarkodie is one of the most humble musicians I have met in Ghana”, he said.
Mr P also likened his story to that of Jesus Christ saying that he is not expecting everyone to love him.
“We still have people who don’t like you, even Jesus Christ was crucified”, he added.
Mr P who is in Ghana for the 2018 AFRIMAs scheduled for November 21 to November 24, expressed excitement about this year’s event.
He said he is happy that the show is being held in Ghana for the first time and he will be performing as a solo artiste.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Photos: Music Producer, Kaywa ordained man of God
- Oscars 2019: 17 quirky facts about this year's Academy Awards
- Okyeame Kwame, wife present third edition of ‘Flaunt Your Lover’
- Let’s cast our nets wider when booking artistes for shows – Tic
- Video: Meet #empawa100 final ten artistes
- Drake buys $400,000 diamond encrusted iPhone case
- Cwesi Oteng elated to have presented latest album to Akufo-Addo
- Donald Trump retweets viral video of woman juggling football
- John Dumelo reacts to ‘predatory and gross’ hugging of Legon students
- Video/Photos: Celestine Donkor thrills in first Drive Time Live Concert
- Video: Stonebwoy to headline Independence Concert
- Video: Our leaders are selfish - Don Little
- Jussie Smollett had no role in own attack, lawyers say
- Video: Young rapper takes on politicians, police, slay queens in freestyle rap
- NYPD investigating commander accused of telling officers to shoot 50 Cent