Member of defunct Nigeria music group P-Square, Peter Okoye, says Ghanaians should not criticize rapper Sarkodie for promoting Nigerian videos on his Instagram page.
In August 2018, rapper Sarkodie was attacked by some social media users for promoting Mr P’s single titled ‘Wokie Wokie’ on his page rather than supporting his Ghanaian colleagues.
Their anger stems from the cold reception Ghanaian artistes received in Nigeria during the launch of Zylofon Media and Menzgold in that country.
Mr P who is in Ghana for the AFRIMAs told Doreen Avio in an interview that rapper Sarkodie is one of the most humble musicians he has met in Ghana and does not think people should criticize him for posting a friend’s music video.
“This is Africa and you can’t just say because he put up my music, people are sad that he is not doing that for his fellow people, Sarkodie is one of the most humble musicians I have met in Ghana”, he said.
Mr P also likened his story to that of Jesus Christ saying that he is not expecting everyone to love him.
“We still have people who don’t like you, even Jesus Christ was crucified”, he added.
Mr P who is in Ghana for the 2018 AFRIMAs scheduled for November 21 to November 24, expressed excitement about this year’s event.
He said he is happy that the show is being held in Ghana for the first time and he will be performing as a solo artiste.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Fuse ODG, Sarkodie, Joey B others to rock at maiden TINA Festival
- ‘Master and the 3 Maids’ successfully launched on Joy Prime
- Season 2 of Apartment 22 premieres on Joy Prime
- Season 3 of Kejetia vs Makola airs this weekend on Joy Prime
- Gee Spot: Your entertainment hot spot enters season 2
- Kanye West attacks Drake in Twitter tirade
- Video: No room for Kojo Antwi, Pat Thomas on my album – NanaYaa
- Inside my Xmas hamper
- Dancehall diva Shegah bags three International awards
- Francis Agyei drops 'Ilona' video ahead of album launch
- Video: Osibisa's Teddy Osei blesses Wiyaala
- I’m Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale put together – Cynthia Millz
- Ghanaians are gradually losing interest in gospel music – A.F Benjamin
- New Music: Kwaisey Pee bounces back with ‘Mabre’ feat. YaaYaa
- Photos: Ghana, Nigeria celebs enjoy Gauteng, KZN, Free State and Global Citizens Concert