Member of defunct Nigeria music group P-Square, Peter Okoye, says Ghanaians should not criticize rapper Sarkodie for promoting Nigerian videos on his Instagram page.
In August 2018, rapper Sarkodie was attacked by some social media users for promoting Mr P’s single titled ‘Wokie Wokie’ on his page rather than supporting his Ghanaian colleagues.
Their anger stems from the cold reception Ghanaian artistes received in Nigeria during the launch of Zylofon Media and Menzgold in that country.
Mr P who is in Ghana for the AFRIMAs told Doreen Avio in an interview that rapper Sarkodie is one of the most humble musicians he has met in Ghana and does not think people should criticize him for posting a friend’s music video.
“This is Africa and you can’t just say because he put up my music, people are sad that he is not doing that for his fellow people, Sarkodie is one of the most humble musicians I have met in Ghana”, he said.
Mr P also likened his story to that of Jesus Christ saying that he is not expecting everyone to love him.
“We still have people who don’t like you, even Jesus Christ was crucified”, he added.
Mr P who is in Ghana for the 2018 AFRIMAs scheduled for November 21 to November 24, expressed excitement about this year’s event.
He said he is happy that the show is being held in Ghana for the first time and he will be performing as a solo artiste.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- VGMA@20: Charterhouse was interested in tickets than security – Randy Abbey
- I still love Shatta Wale but... – Sarkodie on complicated relationship
- See alleged killer of Chris Attoh’s wife
- Shatta Wale’s mother replies Okraku Mantey over Shatta’s conduct
- VGMA@20 clash: Shatta Wale’s father discloses why he climbed the stage
- Shatta Wale is an attention seeker, doesn’t know his limits – Okraku Mantey
- Baako sees silver lining in Stonebwoy-Shatta Wale brawl
- Video: I thought Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale would learn from my experience – Gemann
- DJ Switch makes it unto billboard in Times Square
- Kwesi Arthur motivates students to win 2019 Queen’s Commonwealth Essay
- KiDi: Charterhouse should be sanctioned for role in VGMA brawl
- Fault Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale but blame Charterhouse too – Sarkodie
- Jim Iyke enjoys bullying me – Ini Edo
- Harvey Weinstein 'to settle with accusers for $44m'
- M.anifest fights child abuse