Comedian Warris has been torn to shreds by social media users for a tweet about rapper, Sarkodie’s two-year-old daughter, Titi.
The comedian, born Waris Abdul Umaru, tweeted that, “Sarkodie’s daughter is becoming RIPE. Very soon we ppl (people) will tear and eat”.
That post, unfortunately, did not go down well with many who described it as paedophilic.
Controversial feminism group Pepper Dem Ministries, disgusted by the post, shared the tweet on Facebook.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
Descending heavily on the comedian in the post, several people also commenting under Pepper Dem Ministries’ post also expressed their displeasure.
Actress Ama K. Abebrese reacting to the comedian’s post said: “I don’t [know] what kind of sick world we live in, when a so called comedian in Ghana thinks it’s ok to make sexual jokes about Sarkodie daughter. A little 2 year child I must add. Why would anyone in their right mind think this ok? It’s not funny, it’s very sick and disgusting.”
Sarkodie and his daughter, Titi
After receiving several backlashes for the tweet, the comedian rendered an unqualified apology to Sarkodie, his wife and daughter.
It is a joke gone bad, he added.
“To anyone offended by my tweet concerning sarkodie’s daughter kindly tamper justice with mercy. Especially to @sarkodie @tracysarkcess @thenanaaba @Santokh72.”
“I’m apologetically sorry, it won’t happen again. To (sic) ere is human, to forgive is divine.”
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- I haven’t found someone who can tolerate me – E.L on being single
- You’re not qualified to grade rappers if I’m not in Top 5 list – E.L
- Joy Prime, SALM excite thousands at ‘A Beautiful Christmas’ concert
- Peace Hyde speaks on gender parity in Media at the Africa 2018 Forum in Egypt
- Sarkodie is a brother regardless of what people say – E.L
- Video/Photos: MTN Music Festival thrills patrons on Farmers’ Day
- Creative arts industry is an orphan - Kwaw Ansah
- Abena crowned Ghana’s Most Beautiful 2018
- Watch: Shatta Wale releases video for ‘My Level’ hit song
- Popular actor narrates how he lived with a ghost for 3 months
- Photos from Kufuor’s 80th birthday celebrations
- Joy FM presents perfect family getaway on Dec 22
- Beyoncé sings at A-list Indian wedding
- Kevin Hart steps down as Oscars host after 3-day controversy
- Hajia 4Real ‘shows boobs’ in King Promise, Wizkid video