Comedian Warris has been torn to shreds by social media users for a tweet about rapper, Sarkodie’s two-year-old daughter, Titi.
The comedian, born Waris Abdul Umaru, tweeted that, “Sarkodie’s daughter is becoming RIPE. Very soon we ppl (people) will tear and eat”.
That post, unfortunately, did not go down well with many who described it as paedophilic.
Controversial feminism group Pepper Dem Ministries, disgusted by the post, shared the tweet on Facebook.
Descending heavily on the comedian in the post, several people also commenting under Pepper Dem Ministries’ post also expressed their displeasure.
Actress Ama K. Abebrese reacting to the comedian’s post said: “I don’t [know] what kind of sick world we live in, when a so called comedian in Ghana thinks it’s ok to make sexual jokes about Sarkodie daughter. A little 2 year child I must add. Why would anyone in their right mind think this ok? It’s not funny, it’s very sick and disgusting.”
Sarkodie and his daughter, Titi
After receiving several backlashes for the tweet, the comedian rendered an unqualified apology to Sarkodie, his wife and daughter.
It is a joke gone bad, he added.
“To anyone offended by my tweet concerning sarkodie’s daughter kindly tamper justice with mercy. Especially to @sarkodie @tracysarkcess @thenanaaba @Santokh72.”
“I’m apologetically sorry, it won’t happen again. To (sic) ere is human, to forgive is divine.”
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Six new school songs influenced by old school
- Video: Why should I attend Willi Roi’s funeral? – Stonebwoy
- I can’t beat Annie – 2Baba refutes wife-beating allegations
- Joy FM/Kojo Antwi Love concert: Easier to buy a ticket but harder to go home
- Koffi Olomide faces seven-year jail term over Paris sex assault
- Photos: All set for Joy FM's Lovers Dinner Dance with Kojo Antwi
- Video: Why is Akufo-Addo silent on Menzgold? - Stonebwoy wonders
- What a Kojo Antwi song has put together, let no one put asunder
- 2019 Africa Travel Indaba kicks off from May 2
- Kojo Antwi’s music gets lady out of coma, prevented suicide
- Video: I was a betweener for my husband - Azigiza's wife reveals
- Photos: John Mahama is ‘grandfather’, ‘daughter’ welcomes baby boy
- 3Music Awards 2019: Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Kwesi Arthur top nomination list
- My husband is the pillar of my life – Ohemaa Mercy
- Video/Photos: DJ Switch wows African leaders at AU headquarters