The Chief Operating Officer (COO) of South African Tourism, Sthembiso Dlamini, has paid glowing tribute to the outgoing manager of the West African Region of South Africa’s tourism marketing organisation, Lehlohonolo Pitso.
Madam Dlamini said Hloni, as he is popularly known, far exceeded expectations when he was appointed five years ago to set up the West African office of South African Tourism.
His leadership has not only helped to grow the number of tourists’ arrivals from West Africa to South Africa, but has also deepened the relationship between the two regions.
The COO noted that the leadership of South African Tourism was happy with the growth of arrivals from West Africa, and this was due to the effort that was put in by the Regional Office for West Africa and the support that Hloni and his team got from trade partners, South African Airways, the SA missions and the media.
She was speaking at a dinner held at the La Villa Boutique in Accra on Wednesday, October 31 to announce the departure of Hloni to the stakeholders of the tourism trade in Ghana, with whom he worked during his stay as the Regional Manager for West Africa.
According to her, Hloni’s work in West Africa was so remarkable that he had been transferred to head the South Europe Region, comprising France, Italy, Spain and Portugal, with the expectation that he would grow that market just as he grew the region of his last appointment.
The COO also took the opportunity to introduce to the gathering and, by extension, the travel and tourism community, the person who would take over from Hloni as the manager of the West Africa office of South Africa Tourism.
Incoming manager of the West African Region, Thekiso Rakolojane, was described by the COO as an astute marketer with more than ten years of experience with South African Tourism and had done a lot for the organization at different levels during the period.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: I've forgiven my parents for throwing me away when I was born – Don Little
- I'm not bothered by the young ones using my songs - Kojo Antwi
- Video: Women who earn more than their partners abuse them – D Cryme
- Video: Creative Arts has been neglected - Sidney
- Video: I’ll be tagged greedy if I disclose how much I invested with Menzgold – Lil Win
- Celine Dion, Chance pull tracks with R. Kelly
- Rihanna takes father to court in trademark dispute
- #10YearChallenge: Multimedia staffs chime in
- Video: If you have sex tape of me and Adebayor prove it for $100k – Yvonne Okoro
- #10yearchallenge: See epic throwback photos of Ghanaian celebs
- Video: I’m not exclusive until you marry me – Yvonne Okoro
- Video: I would’ve accepted Menzgold ambassador deal – Yvonne Okoro
- 'You’ve shown me what real love is' – Becca celebrates husband's birthday
- Stop the rubbish; I never invested in Menzgold – Yvonne Nelson
- Menzgold-endorsing celebs not to blame – Brand expert