The founder of the Radio and Television Personality (RTP) Awards says production for his awards is far better as compared to the All Africa Music Awards (AFRIMA).
According to Prince Mackay, even the set up for AFRIMA was dubbed from his Awards.
Ghana last weekend hosted the first of three editions of AFRIMA. The annual awards scheme seeks to honour hardworking and deserving musicians on the African continent.
Speaking in an interview with KMJ on Showbiz Now on Joy Prime, Mr Mackay said, “The entire set up for AFRIMA was the set up for RTP Awards.”
“The red carpet and everything into the inside was the same even that their production was bad … where I was sitting there were lots of people sleeping,” he mentioned.
The RTP Awards founder further indicated that most Ghanaians came congratulating him for the wonderful locally produced show he has been organising over years after their experience at the AFRIMA.
“On that night I became a hero because several Ghanaians [walked[ to me and said that oh wow it looks like we’ve not appreciated what we have for over many years because what you did was far better than what they have done,” he said.
Prince Mackay also alleged that Nigerians are not good with organising events.
“The local people in Nigeria cannot produce good show unless the show is being done by DSTV,” he said.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- VGMA@20: Charterhouse was interested in tickets than security – Randy Abbey
- I still love Shatta Wale but... – Sarkodie on complicated relationship
- See alleged killer of Chris Attoh’s wife
- Shatta Wale’s mother replies Okraku Mantey over Shatta’s conduct
- VGMA@20 clash: Shatta Wale’s father discloses why he climbed the stage
- Shatta Wale is an attention seeker, doesn’t know his limits – Okraku Mantey
- Baako sees silver lining in Stonebwoy-Shatta Wale brawl
- Video: I thought Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale would learn from my experience – Gemann
- DJ Switch makes it unto billboard in Times Square
- Kwesi Arthur motivates students to win 2019 Queen’s Commonwealth Essay
- KiDi: Charterhouse should be sanctioned for role in VGMA brawl
- Fault Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale but blame Charterhouse too – Sarkodie
- Jim Iyke enjoys bullying me – Ini Edo
- Harvey Weinstein 'to settle with accusers for $44m'
- M.anifest fights child abuse