The founder of the Radio and Television Personality (RTP) Awards says production for his awards is far better as compared to the All Africa Music Awards (AFRIMA).
According to Prince Mackay, even the set up for AFRIMA was dubbed from his Awards.
Ghana last weekend hosted the first of three editions of AFRIMA. The annual awards scheme seeks to honour hardworking and deserving musicians on the African continent.
Speaking in an interview with KMJ on Showbiz Now on Joy Prime, Mr Mackay said, “The entire set up for AFRIMA was the set up for RTP Awards.”
“The red carpet and everything into the inside was the same even that their production was bad … where I was sitting there were lots of people sleeping,” he mentioned.
The RTP Awards founder further indicated that most Ghanaians came congratulating him for the wonderful locally produced show he has been organising over years after their experience at the AFRIMA.
“On that night I became a hero because several Ghanaians [walked[ to me and said that oh wow it looks like we’ve not appreciated what we have for over many years because what you did was far better than what they have done,” he said.
Prince Mackay also alleged that Nigerians are not good with organising events.
“The local people in Nigeria cannot produce good show unless the show is being done by DSTV,” he said.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Creative Arts Council, media pay courtesy call on Ghana Embassy in Spain
- Listen: 'Already' by Beyoncé ft Shatta Wale
- Storm Energy partners Silverbird to premiere Lion King
- FaceApp: Celebs fall in love with AgeChallenge
- Cobby Raymond releases Kojo Antwi inspired song
- MUSIGA has ¢70,000 locked up in Menzgold - Bessa Simons
- Nicki Minaj hints on signing Ghanaian act
- People aren’t celebrating GuiltyBeatz's prod. on Beyoncé's album – Ameyaw Debrah
- AFCON 2019: Fuse ODG to perform at closing ceremony
- Kevin Spacey: Massachusetts prosecutors drop sex assault case
- Ghanaian delegation in Spain for Vis-a-Vis Festival
- Video: Strika's handler hands over ¢40,000 to actor
- Shatta Wale to tour with Beyoncé
- We didn’t pitch any material to get selected – Bulldog opens up about Beyoncé-Shatta collab
- Milk this opportunity, it's not about ‘pah pah’ anymore – Shatta Wale told