The founder of the Radio and Television Personality (RTP) Awards says production for his awards is far better as compared to the All Africa Music Awards (AFRIMA).
According to Prince Mackay, even the set up for AFRIMA was dubbed from his Awards.
Ghana last weekend hosted the first of three editions of AFRIMA. The annual awards scheme seeks to honour hardworking and deserving musicians on the African continent.
Speaking in an interview with KMJ on Showbiz Now on Joy Prime, Mr Mackay said, “The entire set up for AFRIMA was the set up for RTP Awards.”
“The red carpet and everything into the inside was the same even that their production was bad … where I was sitting there were lots of people sleeping,” he mentioned.
The RTP Awards founder further indicated that most Ghanaians came congratulating him for the wonderful locally produced show he has been organising over years after their experience at the AFRIMA.
“On that night I became a hero because several Ghanaians [walked[ to me and said that oh wow it looks like we’ve not appreciated what we have for over many years because what you did was far better than what they have done,” he said.
Prince Mackay also alleged that Nigerians are not good with organising events.
“The local people in Nigeria cannot produce good show unless the show is being done by DSTV,” he said.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Fuse ODG, Sarkodie, Joey B others to rock at maiden TINA Festival
- ‘Master and the 3 Maids’ successfully launched on Joy Prime
- Season 2 of Apartment 22 premieres on Joy Prime
- Season 3 of Kejetia vs Makola airs this weekend on Joy Prime
- Gee Spot: Your entertainment hot spot enters season 2
- Kanye West attacks Drake in Twitter tirade
- Video: No room for Kojo Antwi, Pat Thomas on my album – NanaYaa
- Inside my Xmas hamper
- Dancehall diva Shegah bags three International awards
- Francis Agyei drops 'Ilona' video ahead of album launch
- Video: Osibisa's Teddy Osei blesses Wiyaala
- I’m Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale put together – Cynthia Millz
- Ghanaians are gradually losing interest in gospel music – A.F Benjamin
- New Music: Kwaisey Pee bounces back with ‘Mabre’ feat. YaaYaa
- Photos: Ghana, Nigeria celebs enjoy Gauteng, KZN, Free State and Global Citizens Concert