Singer Efya says she is too powerful as a woman for any man in the industry to ask her for sex to help her.
Born Jane Awindor, the singer says she her womanhood cannot be disrespected by any man for the spoils of the industry.
She noted that no man can ask for sex in exchange for help or support as far as her career is concerned.
Speaking in an interview with KMJ on Showbiz Now on Joy Prime, she noted that no one would dare make such a request because of her power as a woman.
The ‘Mamee’ singer stressed that she does not mix pleasure when it comes to work and money and deals with people in the industry on strictly business terms.
“They will never dare. I am not the one. I'm too powerful, the thing is you will disrespect me, I'm a woman and I have installed that power in myself,” she said.
“There have been a lot of artistes in Ghana who have also helped me to get to where I am. So when they call on me as a favour I will definitely do what I can for them depending on how it suits my brand and pricing,” she said.
Watch the video below for more:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Creative arts industry is an orphan - Kwaw Ansah
- Abena crowned Ghana’s Most Beautiful 2018
- Watch: Shatta Wale releases video for ‘My Level’ hit song
- Popular actor narrates how he lived with a ghost for 3 months
- Photos from Kufuor’s 80th birthday celebrations
- Joy FM presents perfect family getaway on Dec 22
- Beyoncé sings at A-list Indian wedding
- Kevin Hart steps down as Oscars host after 3-day controversy
- Hajia 4Real ‘shows boobs’ in King Promise, Wizkid video
- Shatta Wale sabotaging BHIM concert - Stonebwoy
- Buju Banton released from US prison
- Video/Photos: Wendy Shay hosts Farmers' Day edition of AM Show
- Stop disrespecting me - Stonebwoy warns Shatta Wale
- My song more popular than I but I'll catch up - ‘Do The Dance’ singer
- Video: If ‘chaff’ songs work for Shatta Wale, he should continue - Jupitar