Singer Efya says she is too powerful as a woman for any man in the industry to ask her for sex to help her.
Born Jane Awindor, the singer says she her womanhood cannot be disrespected by any man for the spoils of the industry.
She noted that no man can ask for sex in exchange for help or support as far as her career is concerned.
Speaking in an interview with KMJ on Showbiz Now on Joy Prime, she noted that no one would dare make such a request because of her power as a woman.
The ‘Mamee’ singer stressed that she does not mix pleasure when it comes to work and money and deals with people in the industry on strictly business terms.
“They will never dare. I am not the one. I'm too powerful, the thing is you will disrespect me, I'm a woman and I have installed that power in myself,” she said.
“There have been a lot of artistes in Ghana who have also helped me to get to where I am. So when they call on me as a favour I will definitely do what I can for them depending on how it suits my brand and pricing,” she said.
Watch the video below for more:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Don’t marry a woman who cannot cook – Kwesi Arthur's dad to son
- Partnering musicians as a producer is key – Jayso
- First edition of Miss United Continents, Ghana launched
- David Bolton releases visuals for ‘Odo Fofro’ featuring Samini
- Nominees for 2019 Hospitality Awards unveiled
- Musiga elections postponed to July 10
- Absolute Worship comes off July 7
- We need to stop the beef - Strongman Burner
- Media made slay queens popular - Ama K. Abebrese
- ‘Ups and Downs’ not a diss song - Strongman
- BET Awards: Stars pay tribute to Nipsey Hussle
- Rap battle: Medikal vs Strongman, who won?
- 2019 EMY Africa Awards: Full list of Winners
- Class, style, persona; Nat Attoh hosts 3rd EMY Africa Award
- DJ Switch to support Cape Coast school with educational materials