Rapper M.anifest is giving rapper Sarkodie props for his diss song targeted at dancehall artiste Shatta Wale.
“Very interesting angle so I’m looking forward to what the conversation turns out to be…” he said in an interview on Starr FM.
Sarkodie’s diss song, ‘My Advice’, which takes jabs at Shatta Wale, since its release Wednesday, has got the whole country talking.
‘My Advice’ seems to be Sarkodie’s response to Shatta Wale after the latter described him as “very poor”.
In the freestyle video, the rapper attacked Shatta Wale and described him as an insecure attention seeker.
Sarkodie and Shatta Wale
Asked what was interesting about Sarkodie’s angle in ‘My Advice, M.anifest said: “His framing…you know sometimes rap battles [are] like a court case. It’s a bit about getting to the truth and it’s a bit about how you frame the truth …
“...we need to think about which direction we are moving in [and] I think that’s what he [Sarkodie] did so I give him props for doing that.”
M.anifest and Sarkodie were also embroiled in one of the biggest rap beefs the country has ever witnessed in 2016.
M.anifest, in his ‘godMC’ track, took digs at Sarkodie after he released his ‘Bossy’ song. Sarkodie also quickly replied M.anifest in his ‘Kanta’ track.
Their beef songs trended on social media for several weeks and generated a lot of public debate.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Fred Amugi threatens to sue Rosemond Brown for alleging they had sex
- I officially accept Starboy Kwarteng nickname – Ebony’s Father
- Nigeria election 2019: Wizkid shades APC, PDP, advises Nigerians
- Video/Photos: Cwesi Oteng visits Akufo-Addo, presents special copy of album to him
- Six new school songs influenced by old school
- Video: Why should I attend Willi Roi’s funeral? – Stonebwoy
- I can’t beat Annie – 2Baba refutes wife-beating allegations
- Joy FM/Kojo Antwi Love concert: Easier to buy a ticket but harder to go home
- Koffi Olomide faces seven-year jail term over Paris sex assault
- Photos: All set for Joy FM's Lovers Dinner Dance with Kojo Antwi
- Video: Why is Akufo-Addo silent on Menzgold? - Stonebwoy wonders
- What a Kojo Antwi song has put together, let no one put asunder
- 2019 Africa Travel Indaba kicks off from May 2
- Kojo Antwi’s music gets lady out of coma, prevented suicide
- Video: I was a betweener for my husband - Azigiza's wife reveals