Rapper Jerry Anaba, popularly known as Okomfo Kwadee, has revealed that his education in the senior high school ended abruptly because he was caught stealing.
According to him, he and eight others were sacked from Navrongo Secondary School (NAVASCO) because of the theft.
Recounting how his education in the senior high school level ended snappishly, the rapper told Andy Dosty in an interview on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM that they stole some goats.
The incident, he said happened in 1999 and it was featured heavily in news media then.
‘Yeko Mmaa Pe’ hit rapper defended that they didn’t steal but rather they were hungry and decided to get some goats from the school farm.
Okomfor Kwadee went off the scene for a couple of years due to alleged mental ailment but bounced back in 2012 with an album titled ‘Menie’.
That return, unfortunately, didn’t last long as he was forced to once again go under the radar.
Described as one of Ghana’s best storytellers, the rapper says he is now fully back to music again.
He told Andy Dosty that, “I’ve been recording…I’ve got songs… [about] 14,” and he will be releasing them soon.
The rapper noted that the “Masses say they like to hear the good old Ghanaian stories,” and he is back to serve them just that.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- We serve you ‘hot’ Adonko for Christmas– Kev, Grenade
- Corporate Kumasi thrilled at first-ever Luv FM-Royal Golf Club ‘Business and Banter’ hang-out
- Sarkodie bashes brainwashed African leaders
- Kwaw Kese to stop smoking in 2019
- Video: People still doubt me because of Ofori Amponsah - Evangelist Papa Shee
- Ghana Society UK launches tourism initiative ‘Bra Ghana’
- New Video: Flowking Stone releases ‘Blow My Mind’ feat. Akwaboah
- I will never do songs my kids won’t be proud of – Bright of Buk Bak
- Okomfo Kwadee says he doesn’t think he can ever quit smoking
- Reekado Banks still part of Mavin Records – Don Jazzy
- Davido risks jail term over threat to blogger’s life
- I haven’t found someone who can tolerate me – E.L on being single
- You’re not qualified to grade rappers if I’m not in Top 5 list – E.L
- Joy Prime, SALM excite thousands at ‘A Beautiful Christmas’ concert
- Peace Hyde speaks on gender parity in Media at the Africa 2018 Forum in Egypt