Rapper Jerry Anaba, popularly known as Okomfo Kwadee, has revealed that his education in the senior high school ended abruptly because he was caught stealing.
According to him, he and eight others were sacked from Navrongo Secondary School (NAVASCO) because of the theft.
Recounting how his education in the senior high school level ended snappishly, the rapper told Andy Dosty in an interview on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM that they stole some goats.
The incident, he said happened in 1999 and it was featured heavily in news media then.
‘Yeko Mmaa Pe’ hit rapper defended that they didn’t steal but rather they were hungry and decided to get some goats from the school farm.
Okomfor Kwadee went off the scene for a couple of years due to alleged mental ailment but bounced back in 2012 with an album titled ‘Menie’.
That return, unfortunately, didn’t last long as he was forced to once again go under the radar.
Described as one of Ghana’s best storytellers, the rapper says he is now fully back to music again.
He told Andy Dosty that, “I’ve been recording…I’ve got songs… [about] 14,” and he will be releasing them soon.
The rapper noted that the “Masses say they like to hear the good old Ghanaian stories,” and he is back to serve them just that.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: I thought Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale would learn from my experience – Gemann
- DJ Switch makes it unto billboard in Times Square
- Kwesi Arthur motivates students to win 2019 Queen’s Commonwealth Essay
- KiDi: Charterhouse should be sanctioned for role in VGMA brawl
- Fault Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale but blame Charterhouse too – Sarkodie
- Jim Iyke enjoys bullying me – Ini Edo
- Harvey Weinstein 'to settle with accusers for $44m'
- M.anifest fights child abuse
- Ebony Reign still reigns as Artiste of the Year after VGMA@20 fiasco
- Video: I'm going to limit the comedy, I'm a father of twins now - Funny Face
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale banned indefinitely, stripped of all VGMA 2019 awards
- Shatta Wale withdraws from Ghana Music Awards scheme
- You can be a star today but a criminal tomorrow - Gemann to Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy
- Cardi B postpones concert over plastic surgery woes
- Newly crowned 'Artiste of the Decade' gives artistes lessons on self-control