Music trio, Praye, have sealed their comeback with the release of three new songs.
The group parted ways in 2014 and all attempts to bring them back failed until the three were united at the 2018 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards with a performance.
Praye made an appearance on Joy FM’s Cosmopolitan Mix with sit-in host Sammy Forson on Friday, to make an official announcement of their comeback.
The three songs released include ‘Disco Light’, ‘Adesua’ and ‘Gban Gbai’.
‘Gbang Gbai’ was produced by Kidi and mastered by PossiGee.
According to the group which is made up of Cartel Big J, Choirmaster and Kente, the songs are great tunes to celebrate this year’s Christmas festivities.
“Christmas is coming so we need something to get the people on their dancing feet…We are coming with the songs. We call it the Christmas package,” Choirmaster revealed.
During the interview, the group disclosed that their desired comeback became a reality due to the hunger to feed the public with authentic Ghanaian music.
Praye also discounted the rumour that individual financial distress forced the return of the Hiplife group.
Speculations that they had invested in the troubled gold dealership firm, MenzGold, was also dispelled.
Watch the video below for more:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Don’t marry a woman who cannot cook – Kwesi Arthur's dad to son
- Partnering musicians as a producer is key – Jayso
- First edition of Miss United Continents, Ghana launched
- David Bolton releases visuals for ‘Odo Fofro’ featuring Samini
- Nominees for 2019 Hospitality Awards unveiled
- Musiga elections postponed to July 10
- Absolute Worship comes off July 7
- We need to stop the beef - Strongman Burner
- Media made slay queens popular - Ama K. Abebrese
- ‘Ups and Downs’ not a diss song - Strongman
- BET Awards: Stars pay tribute to Nipsey Hussle
- Rap battle: Medikal vs Strongman, who won?
- 2019 EMY Africa Awards: Full list of Winners
- Class, style, persona; Nat Attoh hosts 3rd EMY Africa Award
- DJ Switch to support Cape Coast school with educational materials