Programs Manager at Hitz FM, Mark Okraku Mantey says rapper Sarkodie contributed greatly to the success of Shatta Wale’s ‘Reign’ album launch concert.
In an interview on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM with Andy Dosty on Monday, he said Sarkodie’s ‘Advice’ diss song provoked fans of Shatta Wale to turn up in their numbers to show their loyalty to their ‘god’.
“Sarkodie contributed to the success. Yes, his diss song got the masses out. They were angry and came to prove their support…,” he said.
Mark Okraku Mantey
Mr Mantey also said the host of “You Say Wetin” on Hitz FM, Prince Tsegah also indirectly promoted the album when he made headlines saying “the media is tired of Shatta Wale”.
Earlier, Shatta Wale described fellow acts, Sarkodie and Kwaw Kese as poor musicians who have nothing to brag about just some few days to his album launch.
The two acts to show their dissatisfaction towards Shatta’s statement released diss songs to shut the dancehall act up.
But according to Mr Mantey, it indirectly promoted Shatta’s Reign Album concert.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video/Photos: Labadi Beach Hotel picks 3 prestigious awards at 2018 GEM Awards
- I love your hard African face – Medikal tells Fella Makafui
- 2019 Nigerian Election: Musician Banky W joins politics
- Depression is real; seek help – Obour advices fellow musicians
- NGMA: Gifty Osei, Patience Nyarko, Joe Mettle others nominated
- Video: I haven’t quit acting, God’s work taking my time - Majid Michel
- Profanity: We don’t need censorship; it stifles creativity – Rex Omar
- Video: Leave Medikal and Fella Makafui alone – Okyeame Kwame
- Ghanaian-British actor Peter Mensah in Ghana
- Stan Lee: Marvel Comics co-creator dies aged 95
- Impressive dress rehearsal for terrific national Mardi Gras in 2019
- Video: Captain Planet reveals how his dead dog connected him to his wife
- Video: ‘Who is Kwesi Arthur?’ check out his response
- Politics scares me now - Maame Dokono
- Donzy, Ephraim ready to go to jail for refusing to pay toll on motorway