Programs Manager at Hitz FM, Mark Okraku Mantey says rapper Sarkodie contributed greatly to the success of Shatta Wale’s ‘Reign’ album launch concert.
In an interview on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM with Andy Dosty on Monday, he said Sarkodie’s ‘Advice’ diss song provoked fans of Shatta Wale to turn up in their numbers to show their loyalty to their ‘god’.
“Sarkodie contributed to the success. Yes, his diss song got the masses out. They were angry and came to prove their support…,” he said.
Mark Okraku Mantey
Mr Mantey also said the host of “You Say Wetin” on Hitz FM, Prince Tsegah also indirectly promoted the album when he made headlines saying “the media is tired of Shatta Wale”.
Earlier, Shatta Wale described fellow acts, Sarkodie and Kwaw Kese as poor musicians who have nothing to brag about just some few days to his album launch.
The two acts to show their dissatisfaction towards Shatta’s statement released diss songs to shut the dancehall act up.
But according to Mr Mantey, it indirectly promoted Shatta’s Reign Album concert.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: Lil Win charms crowd at MTN-Adom Kwahu Mega Street Bash
- Photos: Families receive fresh life at Luv FM Family Party in the Park
- Tinny says 'whack' rapper comment was for hype – D Black
- Ebony was vilified because of her sexuality – Novelist on stereotype
- I wish Trigmatic were my biological son – Aka Blay
- Adele splits from husband Simon Konecki
- Cardi B rejects plea deal over Queens strip club brawl
- Good Friday special: Luigi Maclean, Globe Productions light up Super Morning Show
- Osibisa marks 50 years of musical excellence
- Video: Ghana DJ Awards PubFest keeps Purple Pub jamming till morning
- Yvonne Nelson urges Ghanaians to boycott elections
- Enough of the love songs - Barima Sidney
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 15): Fameye’s ‘Nothing I get’, Kofi Mole’s ‘Don’t be late’ on the rise
- Harvest Praise 2019 airs live on DStv, GOtv come Good Friday
- Photos: Ghana Jeep Club parties with children of Potter’s Orphanage Village