The eyes of Africa and the world will be on Ghana as Glitz Africa kicks off the 2018 edition of the Glitz Africa Fashion Week (GAFW).
The annual Glitz Africa Fashion Week, Ghana’s biggest annual fashion event, is marking its sixth edition this year.
This year’s fashion week will bring together industry players and fashion enthusiasts to interact in a fun-packed weekend at the plush Kempinski Hotel (Gold Coast City) in Accra.
The 2018 edition of the GAFW will kick off proper from October 19 to October 21.
Activities for the three-day event, which will have 45 designers and over 100 models in attendance, started with a Runway Show on Thursday, October 18.
There will be a business of fashion seminar, photography sessions, exhibitions, graduate show, young creative talent show and runway shows on Friday, October 20.
The final day, on October 21, will feature presentations, runway shows and an after party.
Organisers said in a statement that, “GAFW presents the perfect opportunity to meet fab[ulous] designers across Africa showcasing their collections, models, fashionistas, celebrities and influencers in an atmosphere of glitz, fashion and style.”
This year, Glitz Africa organised the Young Creative Design Talent competition to harness the skills of emerging designers and to give them the platform to showcase their designs to an international audience.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Royal Commonwealth Society unveils ambassadors for 2019 Queen’s Commonwealth Essay competition
- Epilepsy charity 'says SA fainting dance craze should end'
- Photos: Ghana, Nigeria delegation arrive in South Africa for tourism hosting
- Kim Porter's son pens emotional post about his late mother
- Video: NDC Congress: Oye Lithur dances to Shatta’s “I know my level”
- Video: Check out Rawlings' dance moves at Konadu's birthday bash
- Elvis Presley to get US Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Joe Mettle to thrill audience at praise jam thanksgiving
- Boomplay, Universal Music announce distribution partnership for Africa
- Kim Porter, mother to three of Diddy's children, dies aged 47
- Video: I’m not bothered by ‘dumb question’ trolls – Wendy Shay
- 2018 AFRIMA in limbo, organisers to call off Ghana event if gov’t…
- Video: Royal visit was just wrong – Fuse ODG
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority