The eyes of Africa and the world will be on Ghana as Glitz Africa kicks off the 2018 edition of the Glitz Africa Fashion Week (GAFW).
The annual Glitz Africa Fashion Week, Ghana’s biggest annual fashion event, is marking its sixth edition this year.
This year’s fashion week will bring together industry players and fashion enthusiasts to interact in a fun-packed weekend at the plush Kempinski Hotel (Gold Coast City) in Accra.
The 2018 edition of the GAFW will kick off proper from October 19 to October 21.
Activities for the three-day event, which will have 45 designers and over 100 models in attendance, started with a Runway Show on Thursday, October 18.
There will be a business of fashion seminar, photography sessions, exhibitions, graduate show, young creative talent show and runway shows on Friday, October 20.
The final day, on October 21, will feature presentations, runway shows and an after party.
Organisers said in a statement that, “GAFW presents the perfect opportunity to meet fab[ulous] designers across Africa showcasing their collections, models, fashionistas, celebrities and influencers in an atmosphere of glitz, fashion and style.”
This year, Glitz Africa organised the Young Creative Design Talent competition to harness the skills of emerging designers and to give them the platform to showcase their designs to an international audience.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- I received death threats over Konkonsa show on Radio Gold - Mikki Osei Berko
- Father's Day: Celebs gush over their daddies
- Video: I dated late Santo for 6 years - ‘Efiewura’ star reveals
- No weapon against us shall prosper – Stonebwoy prays for wife
- Ghana can make billions from 'weed', let's grow it – John Dumelo advocates
- Photos: Dancehall artiste Jupitar ties knot secretly
- I didn’t wreck my baby daddy's marriage – Yvonne Nelson
- Loving you begins, ends everything - Nadia Buari tells husband
- I’m now born again – Yul Edochie after ghastly accident
- Watch ‘deepfake’ Jon Snow apologise for final season of ‘Game of Thrones’
- Italian George Clooney fraudsters arrested in Thailand
- Waris axing from AFCON squad 'payment' for treating me badly - Ex-wife
- Some big artistes used to kneel down for misbehaving – Hammer
- I don’t feel celebrated enough – Kwaw Kese laments
- Stonebwoy gears up for Shuga Summer Tour