The eyes of Africa and the world will be on Ghana as Glitz Africa kicks off the 2018 edition of the Glitz Africa Fashion Week (GAFW).
The annual Glitz Africa Fashion Week, Ghana’s biggest annual fashion event, is marking its sixth edition this year.
This year’s fashion week will bring together industry players and fashion enthusiasts to interact in a fun-packed weekend at the plush Kempinski Hotel (Gold Coast City) in Accra.
The 2018 edition of the GAFW will kick off proper from October 19 to October 21.
Activities for the three-day event, which will have 45 designers and over 100 models in attendance, started with a Runway Show on Thursday, October 18.
There will be a business of fashion seminar, photography sessions, exhibitions, graduate show, young creative talent show and runway shows on Friday, October 20.
The final day, on October 21, will feature presentations, runway shows and an after party.
Organisers said in a statement that, “GAFW presents the perfect opportunity to meet fab[ulous] designers across Africa showcasing their collections, models, fashionistas, celebrities and influencers in an atmosphere of glitz, fashion and style.”
This year, Glitz Africa organised the Young Creative Design Talent competition to harness the skills of emerging designers and to give them the platform to showcase their designs to an international audience.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: Wendy Shay surprised with party on 23rd birthday
- 90% of people on social media live fake lives – Yvonne Nelson
- Jussie Smollett arrested over false attack report
- Video: Akufo-Addo seals SONA speech with kiss from Rebecca
- New Music: Mimlife Records new act ‘Mista Myles’ drops new song
- Our welcoming attitude is the strongest tourist attraction – Akufo-Addo
- Gov't to complete 2 theatres in creative industry - Akufo-Addo
- Vodafone joins Stanbic Jazz train for 3rd time in a row
- Ebony’s unreleased songs: 60% for Bullet, 40% for me – Dad
- Stop pressuring me to marry – Patience Nyarko
- We don’t know Akuapem Poloo – Chief denies her
- Photos: Music Producer, Kaywa ordained man of God
- Oscars 2019: 17 quirky facts about this year's Academy Awards
- Okyeame Kwame, wife present third edition of ‘Flaunt Your Lover’
- Let’s cast our nets wider when booking artistes for shows – Tic