The eyes of Africa and the world will be on Ghana as Glitz Africa kicks off the 2018 edition of the Glitz Africa Fashion Week (GAFW).
The annual Glitz Africa Fashion Week, Ghana’s biggest annual fashion event, is marking its sixth edition this year.
This year’s fashion week will bring together industry players and fashion enthusiasts to interact in a fun-packed weekend at the plush Kempinski Hotel (Gold Coast City) in Accra.
The 2018 edition of the GAFW will kick off proper from October 19 to October 21.
Activities for the three-day event, which will have 45 designers and over 100 models in attendance, started with a Runway Show on Thursday, October 18.
There will be a business of fashion seminar, photography sessions, exhibitions, graduate show, young creative talent show and runway shows on Friday, October 20.
The final day, on October 21, will feature presentations, runway shows and an after party.
Organisers said in a statement that, “GAFW presents the perfect opportunity to meet fab[ulous] designers across Africa showcasing their collections, models, fashionistas, celebrities and influencers in an atmosphere of glitz, fashion and style.”
This year, Glitz Africa organised the Young Creative Design Talent competition to harness the skills of emerging designers and to give them the platform to showcase their designs to an international audience.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Ebony was vilified because of her sexuality – Novelist on stereotype
- I wish Trigmatic were my biological son – Aka Blay
- Adele splits from husband Simon Konecki
- Cardi B rejects plea deal over Queens strip club brawl
- Good Friday special: Luigi Maclean, Globe Productions light up Super Morning Show
- Osibisa marks 50 years of musical excellence
- Video: Ghana DJ Awards PubFest keeps Purple Pub jamming till morning
- Yvonne Nelson urges Ghanaians to boycott elections
- Enough of the love songs - Barima Sidney
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 15): Fameye’s ‘Nothing I get’, Kofi Mole’s ‘Don’t be late’ on the rise
- Harvest Praise 2019 airs live on DStv, GOtv come Good Friday
- Photos: Ghana Jeep Club parties with children of Potter’s Orphanage Village
- Video vixen gives life to Christ, now philanthropist
- New Video: Mista Myles eyes Afrobeats crown with ‘African Girl’
- Assault, killings by uniformed men will make Nigeria collapse - Omotola tells Buhari