South African music group, Mafikizolo has waded into the never-ending jollof war between Ghana and Nigeria.
The group, made up of Theo Kgosinkwe and Nhlanhla Nciza, is joining a long list of international personalities who have joined in the fierce battle of supremacy over the popular dish.
When the question was thrown at the ‘Khona’ hit singers, during an interview on the Cosmopolitan Mix on Joy FM with Doreen Andoh Friday, they disclosed that they have tasted jollof from Ghana and Nigeria.
They said, after tasting jollof from both countries, they said: “Ghana jollof is the best.”
Mafikizolo will not be the first to rule in favour of Ghana in the jollof war.
Nigerian Afrobeat star, Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun known in showbiz circles as Wizkid said in an interview with BBC Radio 1Xtra in London, he loves Ghana jollof.
“I love Nigerian Jollof 100 percent, but when I go to New York or I am in Ghana, my friend’s wife makes this crazy Ghana Jollof with some goat meat…it is bad!”
Gramps Morgan, a member of internationally acclaimed reggae group, Morgan Heritage, also said in an interview with JoyNews that he has tasted jollof from different countries but can attest that Ghana has the best jollof in the world.
In 2017, the singer was reported to have walked out of an interview in Nigeria after she was told Nigerian jollof is the best.
Mafikizolo, who came into the South African music scene in 1997 as a kwaito group with their late member Tebogo Madingoane, who passed away on February 14, in 2004, is one of Africa’s biggest groups.
The group, apart from ‘Khona’, is known in African for other songs like ‘Happiness’ featuring May D and their feature on Davido’s ‘Tchelete (Goodlife)’.
They are currently in Ghana for the South African Culture Seasons which will also feature performances by Ghanaian artistes, Amandzeba Nat Brew and Sherifa Gunu.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Uncompleted Volta Regional theatre abandoned for 20yrs
- 8 days of no 'dumsor' shocks Nollywood actor
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards
- Video/Photos: Labadi Beach Hotel picks 3 prestigious awards at 2018 GEM Awards
- I love your hard African face – Medikal tells Fella Makafui
- 2019 Nigerian Election: Musician Banky W joins politics
- Depression is real; seek help – Obour advices fellow musicians
- NGMA: Gifty Osei, Patience Nyarko, Joe Mettle others nominated
- Video: I haven’t quit acting, God’s work taking my time - Majid Michel
- Profanity: We don’t need censorship; it stifles creativity – Rex Omar
- Video: Leave Medikal and Fella Makafui alone – Okyeame Kwame
- Ghanaian-British actor Peter Mensah in Ghana
- Stan Lee: Marvel Comics co-creator dies aged 95
- Impressive dress rehearsal for terrific national Mardi Gras in 2019
- Video: Captain Planet reveals how his dead dog connected him to his wife