South African music group, Mafikizolo has waded into the never-ending jollof war between Ghana and Nigeria.
The group, made up of Theo Kgosinkwe and Nhlanhla Nciza, is joining a long list of international personalities who have joined in the fierce battle of supremacy over the popular dish.
When the question was thrown at the ‘Khona’ hit singers, during an interview on the Cosmopolitan Mix on Joy FM with Doreen Andoh Friday, they disclosed that they have tasted jollof from Ghana and Nigeria.
They said, after tasting jollof from both countries, they said: “Ghana jollof is the best.”
Mafikizolo will not be the first to rule in favour of Ghana in the jollof war.
Nigerian Afrobeat star, Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun known in showbiz circles as Wizkid said in an interview with BBC Radio 1Xtra in London, he loves Ghana jollof.
“I love Nigerian Jollof 100 percent, but when I go to New York or I am in Ghana, my friend’s wife makes this crazy Ghana Jollof with some goat meat…it is bad!”
Gramps Morgan, a member of internationally acclaimed reggae group, Morgan Heritage, also said in an interview with JoyNews that he has tasted jollof from different countries but can attest that Ghana has the best jollof in the world.
In 2017, the singer was reported to have walked out of an interview in Nigeria after she was told Nigerian jollof is the best.
Mafikizolo, who came into the South African music scene in 1997 as a kwaito group with their late member Tebogo Madingoane, who passed away on February 14, in 2004, is one of Africa’s biggest groups.
The group, apart from ‘Khona’, is known in African for other songs like ‘Happiness’ featuring May D and their feature on Davido’s ‘Tchelete (Goodlife)’.
They are currently in Ghana for the South African Culture Seasons which will also feature performances by Ghanaian artistes, Amandzeba Nat Brew and Sherifa Gunu.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: Lil Win charms crowd at MTN-Adom Kwahu Mega Street Bash
- Photos: Families receive fresh life at Luv FM Family Party in the Park
- Tinny says 'whack' rapper comment was for hype – D Black
- Ebony was vilified because of her sexuality – Novelist on stereotype
- I wish Trigmatic were my biological son – Aka Blay
- Adele splits from husband Simon Konecki
- Cardi B rejects plea deal over Queens strip club brawl
- Good Friday special: Luigi Maclean, Globe Productions light up Super Morning Show
- Osibisa marks 50 years of musical excellence
- Video: Ghana DJ Awards PubFest keeps Purple Pub jamming till morning
- Yvonne Nelson urges Ghanaians to boycott elections
- Enough of the love songs - Barima Sidney
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 15): Fameye’s ‘Nothing I get’, Kofi Mole’s ‘Don’t be late’ on the rise
- Harvest Praise 2019 airs live on DStv, GOtv come Good Friday
- Photos: Ghana Jeep Club parties with children of Potter’s Orphanage Village