Channel Manager of Adom TV, Abena Yiadom has promised Ghanaians that the channel’ s new music reality show, ‘Nsromma’, will provide a unique platform for the unearthing of future highlife legends.
Speaking at the launch of the show at Oak Plaza Hotel in Spintex, a suburb of Accra, Ms Yiadom said the talent show is aimed at supporting kids who have interests in all kinds of music.
She explained that not everyone has the dream of pursuing a white-collar job and hence the need to provide avenues to push talented children to develop their musical prowess. This is one of the key aims of the ‘Nsromma’ music reality show, she added.
“Highlife music is not patronised as before. We will help talented children to become the new Nana Ampadu, Daddy Lumba, George Darko, and the rest… not everyone was born to be a doctor, teacher or a presenter, some people have music as their talent,” she said.
The ‘Nsoromma’ reality show will give children between the ages of 8 and 12 the platform to develop their skills as singers/musicians.
Over the next 14 weeks, starting from next Sunday, October 7, 2018, Ghana will witness the unleashing of pure talent in children drawn from different parts of the country.
Television experience for both children and their parents will, therefore, change with the launch of ‘Nsromma’.
The show will enter the competitive phase after the successful completion of auditioning to select 30 contestants from three sectors of Ghana.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Inna Patty drags ex-Miss Ghana queens to court for defamation
- Kwaw Kese, D-Black, Patapaa are wack rappers – Tinny
- The club of 8 Ghanaian stars to have entered Billboard Chart in 48 years
- FRA! Band, Kyekyeku & Ghanalogue Highlife to tour Spain after winning ‘Vis a Vis’
- Video: Hitz FM’s DJ Bridash drops visuals for ‘Strong Bond’
- Media professionals to vote for 3Music Awards nominees
- Don’t call me Obrafour again, says veteran hiplife artiste
- Obrafour set to celebrate 20 years of ‘Pae Mu Ka’ album with a concert
- Female celebs benefit more in entertainment industry – Ecow Smith-Asante
- US-based Ghanaian rapper handed 15-year sentence
- Photos/Video: Lil Win electrifies Adom ‘Kolor Paaty’
- Davido, others escape air mishap
- Michael Jackson's daughter rubbishes claim she attempted suicide
- Nigeria elections: Desmond Elliot wins Surulere1 Constituency
- 'I had breasts': Sam Smith on having liposuction at 12