Nigerian musician Flavour N'abania has said Ghanaians are neck deep into highlife contrary to what most Nigerians are saying about the genre’s origin.
The ‘Ashawo’ hitmaker disclosed that he goes through the repertoire of Ghanaian highlife musicians to augment his style.
Over the period, many Ghanaians have accused Flavour of dubbing rhythms of Ghanaian origin to create his music.
Recently in a video that went viral, Flavour was seen striking his guitar and singing the late Jerry Hansen’s song ‘Onua Pa Due’.
Responding to these trends in a conversation with JoyNews’ MzGee at the ‘Glo Laffta and Music Fest’ at the Fantasy Dome, Flavour revealed that he takes inspiration from Ghanaian highlife.
“Ghanaians are deep in highlife and that’s my style so I had to go through the repertoire of great Ghanaian musicians. They are awesome people,” he said.
The artiste will however not mention any individual Ghanaian highlife artiste as his favourite stating he takes inspiration from all of them.
“There are so many of them, I cannot say just one. I’m in love with all of them. Ghana is deep in highlife,” Flavour added.
Watch the video below for more:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- DJ Bridash to release ‘ɛyɛ Odo’ ft Eshun, Kofi Mole on June 6
- VGMA@20: Charterhouse was interested in tickets than security – Randy Abbey
- I still love Shatta Wale but... – Sarkodie on complicated relationship
- See alleged killer of Chris Attoh’s wife
- Shatta Wale’s mother replies Okraku Mantey over Shatta’s conduct
- VGMA@20 clash: Shatta Wale’s father discloses why he climbed the stage
- Shatta Wale is an attention seeker, doesn’t know his limits – Okraku Mantey
- Baako sees silver lining in Stonebwoy-Shatta Wale brawl
- Video: I thought Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale would learn from my experience – Gemann
- DJ Switch makes it unto billboard in Times Square
- Kwesi Arthur motivates students to win 2019 Queen’s Commonwealth Essay
- KiDi: Charterhouse should be sanctioned for role in VGMA brawl
- Fault Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale but blame Charterhouse too – Sarkodie
- Jim Iyke enjoys bullying me – Ini Edo
- Harvey Weinstein 'to settle with accusers for $44m'