Nigerian musician Flavour N'abania has said Ghanaians are neck deep into highlife contrary to what most Nigerians are saying about the genre’s origin.
The ‘Ashawo’ hitmaker disclosed that he goes through the repertoire of Ghanaian highlife musicians to augment his style.
Over the period, many Ghanaians have accused Flavour of dubbing rhythms of Ghanaian origin to create his music.
Recently in a video that went viral, Flavour was seen striking his guitar and singing the late Jerry Hansen’s song ‘Onua Pa Due’.
Responding to these trends in a conversation with JoyNews’ MzGee at the ‘Glo Laffta and Music Fest’ at the Fantasy Dome, Flavour revealed that he takes inspiration from Ghanaian highlife.
“Ghanaians are deep in highlife and that’s my style so I had to go through the repertoire of great Ghanaian musicians. They are awesome people,” he said.
The artiste will however not mention any individual Ghanaian highlife artiste as his favourite stating he takes inspiration from all of them.
“There are so many of them, I cannot say just one. I’m in love with all of them. Ghana is deep in highlife,” Flavour added.
Watch the video below for more:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: Medikal brings the heat as he sells Africa on Tim Westwood
- Gospel singer criticises Stonebwoy for endorsing secular songs in church
- Video: Cast of 1998 hit TV show 'Taxi Driver' cast back the years
- Buju Banton sings of the only law to obey in the world
- I learnt how to drive on 'Taxi Driver' - Psalm Adjeteyfio reveals
- The warrior of love - Unpacking Samini’s 'Untamed' Part 1
- Video: Ashesi University founder goes ‘crazy’, dresses like female
- Video: Kofi Mole quits school to pursue music
- Photo: Rocky Dawuni, Cabum finally smoke peace pipe
- Adopting French as Ghana’s second language ‘disrespectful’ – Okyeame Kwame
- If I don’t win any award at 3Music Awards I will pull a 'Shatta Wale' - Medikal declares
- No other Ghanaian music beats highlife - Kyekyeku
- We were once celebrated in Diaspora because of Highlife – Bessa Simons
- I won’t release any song until Mahama wins 2020 elections – Mzbel
- Video: Help stop depreciation of cedi – Samini urges gov’t