Rapper Guru is counting his blessings after surviving several attempts on his life.
According to the rapper, before the release of his latest album, ‘Journey of Judah’, he was poisoned on several occasions.
The NKZ music boss said several attempts were made on his life including people poisoning the water he drinks and food he eats.
“It wasn’t once. It was a continuous thing. [There are] different strategies that people use to poison people. Some will pass through food, some will pass through water anytime you are on stage you give your water to someone else and it’s a different ball game,” he told KMJ in an interview on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM.
Recounting one of the near-fatal incidents, he said, “the last time I was on stage performing, got on stage, the whole crowd jamming and all of a sudden you [take] water and your voice is not ‘popping’ up again, you can’t even talk…so you just have to move up.”
The rapper, born Nana Yaw Adjei Yeboah Maradona, said he has endured a lot and things have been “very difficult.”
To him, these attempts are things some people do to others in show business to bring them down.
“Every artiste, every industry player will, by all means, experience this…if you’ve not gone through it, expect it, prepare for it…people you love the most, you expect to be there for you will move away…,” the ‘Problem’ rapper said.
Guru says he is stronger now and the experience inspired his 24-track ‘Journey of Judah’ double album.
“The album talks about my real life,” he said.
Watch the video below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: I won't invite 'people' to my wedding – Lilwin
- Steve Bedi to headline PAMA Festival 2019
- Ben Brako tops Global Music Charts with 'Shame and Scandal'
- Bible isn't against Marijuana, stop preaching against it – Rev. Abbeam
- Burna Boy deserved his BET award – Davido
- Cardi B pleads not guilty to assault
- Michelle Obama and Stephen Fry help drive audiobook boom
- Unemployment cause of increased nudity - Vicky Zugah
- Consistency and not hits alone make a good artiste - eShun
- Video: ‘I cannot say Medikal is a fraud boy’ - Strongman
- Don’t marry a woman who cannot cook – Kwesi Arthur's dad to son
- Partnering musicians as a producer is key – Jayso
- First edition of Miss United Continents, Ghana launched
- David Bolton releases visuals for ‘Odo Fofro’ featuring Samini
- Nominees for 2019 Hospitality Awards unveiled