Ghanaian actor of Liberian ancestry, Eddie Watson has revealed how sowing a seed in church with his television set years ago changed his life.
Eddie Watson opened up in a conversation with JoyNews’ MzGee on an act of faith he embarked on several years ago when he was a member of the Hosanna Temple of International Central Gospel Church, Teshie, Accra.
“That was one of the toughest periods in my life. I was at a point where I needed to break through, I needed something extraordinary to happen to my life and I had to do something beyond my capacity.
The television was the most valuable asset I had and when I couldn’t get the money to sow, I took the television to church,” he told MzGee at the Africa Magic Viewer’s Choice Awards in Lagos, Nigeria.
In 2014, Eddie received his first Ghanaian Movie Award for the film he wrote, directed and produced titled ‘Ebola’.
The ‘Somewhere in Africa’, ‘4Play Reloaded’ and ‘House of Gold’ actor told MzGee that, his conviction that the seed will transform his life materialised.
“I mean everything. It started little but I mean everything. God just set on a path that has been an upward trajectory. I am not going to say there hasn’t been any challenge or that there are no challenges but He sustains me at a point and He takes you further up. I still do the same thing, I still sow seeds. I still pay my tithe. I haven’t forgotten my roots,” he added.
In the video attached, the actor narrates how he began with just a role here in Ghana and through the recommendation of colleagues like Majid Michel and others, Eddie Watson is now a household name in Nigeria.
Watch the video below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: If you have sex tape of me and Adebayor prove it for $100k – Yvonne Okoro
- #10yearchallenge: See epic throwback photos of Ghanaian celebs
- Video: I’m not exclusive until you marry me – Yvonne Okoro
- Video: I would’ve accepted Menzgold ambassador deal – Yvonne Okoro
- 'You’ve shown me what real love is' – Becca celebrates husband's birthday
- Stop the rubbish; I never invested in Menzgold – Yvonne Nelson
- Menzgold-endorsing celebs not to blame – Brand expert
- Nominees for 2019 Africa Gospel Awards unveiled
- Game of Thrones: final season premiere date revealed
- I'm not disturbed about Menzgold saga - Joyce Blessing
- Fela would have been president of Nigeria if alive – Son
- Video: People thought I was jealous when I advised them not to invest in Menzgold – Prince David
- R. Kelly’s career is finally crashing down...Here’s how it happened
- Presby Minister launches 2 new books
- Shaker and I created a beautiful love song – NanaYaa talks about new jam