Highlife musician Bisa Kdei has urged fellow musicians and Ghanaians in general to patronize music made in the country.
According to him, most of Ghana’s neighbouring countries enjoy Ghanaian songs and it is rather unfortunate that, the music industry isn’t pushing songs produced to transcend its borders.
He made this statement in an interview with host Delay on Adom FM’s Drive Time show “Ofie Kwanso” on Friday.
Bisa said: “Let’s learn to support our own. Ghanaian music is loved outside but we are not pushing harder. We have a small industry and we need a lot of support from our own people. We keep talking about Nigerians but the fact is the whole of Lagos is like Ghana. It’s up to us to push harder.”
He, however, urged his fans to watch out as he is set to release visuals of his new album, “Highlife Konnect”.
“I was on tour in the USA. We are planning on a show in December. We have a lot in the pipeline. We are shooting videos, the highlife genre is still alive…” he said.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Waris axing from AFCON squad 'payment' for treating me badly - Ex-wife
- Some big artistes used to kneel down for misbehaving – Hammer
- I don’t feel celebrated enough – Kwaw Kese laments
- Stonebwoy gears up for Shuga Summer Tour
- I won't beef with someone who can't write her own songs – Kelvyn Boy
- Modelling not lucrative in Ghana — Chantelle Dapaah
- Reggie Rockstone leaves VVIP?
- Video: Kofi Adjorlolo dating Victoria Lebene mere media stunt – Abeiku Santana
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 23): Kwesi Arthur's ‘Nobody’ gunning for number 1?
- Russian poker star electrocuted in bath at home
- Popular illusionist ready to stun patrons at 2019 MMC Live
- From Nollywood to pulpit: Eucharia Anunobi’s untold conversion story
- Sarkodie doesn’t come to bed early – Wife
- Lawyer: Cuba Gooding Jr. will turn self in on groping charge
- I saved Ghanaian rap music from dying – Medikal brags