Ghanaians were thrilled to Chinese culture feast and art on Saturday 22nd September 2018 at the forecourt of Ghana Broadcasting Corporation.
The event dubbed Beijing Top TV Drama & Movies Broadcasting Season in Africa is a brand program to promote cultural exchanges and cooperation between China and Africa.
And since 2014, the event has been held for four successive times, travelling to Kenya, South Africa, Uganda, Nigeria, Tanzania, Rwanda, Zambia, Mozambique, Madagascar and other countries, bringing a visual and cultural feast to tens of millions of African people.
In the early hours of September 22nd, the Feast of Films and TV dramas was held with thousands of Ghanaians experiencing Chinese culture, including Chinese food, Chinese ancient costume, Chinese calligraphy, and Chinese Kung Fu.
The day was proceeded with a launching ceremony of the 2018 Beijing Top TV Dramas & Movies Broadcasting season in Africa.
StarTimes, with subsidiaries in more than 30 African countries and with almost 10 million subscribers, has partnered with the Beijing Municipal Bureau of Press, Radio, Film and Television to broadcast the series.
Guo Ziqi, StarTimes Vice-President said during the launch that the broadcasting of the series will contribute to the strengthened friendship between Ghana and China.
Chinese Ambassador to Ghana, H.E Wang Shiting said Chinese TV dramas and movies have become an important new cultural bridge in building relations between the two countries.
"It is my belief that this event will further promote mutual understanding and friendship between our two peoples, and open a new window for the cultural and people-to-people exchanges between our two countries, he said.
Also present was Deputy Minister for Information Pius Enam Hadzide. According to him, the lessons learnt from these dramas and movies should be lessons of self-respect, determination, nationalism, belief and sacrifice for God and country.
He, however, challenged China to make room for Ghanaian movies.
Over the years, related events have been held in a lot of African countries, such as the Swahili dubbing competition in Tanzania and the Caravan of Chinese films and TV Dramas in Zambia with many more events expected to be held in Pan-African countries while Chinese representatives also gear up towards hosting African-related events in China in the near future.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- VGMA@20: Oragnisers fail to announce 'Artiste of the Year' due to Shatta, Stonebwoy fight
- VGMA@20: Sarkodie crowned ‘Artiste of the Decade’
- VGMA@20: “You are my son” – Amakye Dede crowns Kuami Eugene
- “I’m really sorry” - Stonebwoy apolgises for pulling gun at VGMA@20
- Video: VGMA@20: Stonebwoy pulls gun as Bhim Nation, Shatta Wale camps clash
- Photos: Fashion moment on the Red Carpet of VGMA@20
- VGMA@20: Check out winners at 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- VGMA@20: Live updates of 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- I’m rooting for Kuami Eugene to win ‘Artiste of the Year’ – Okyeame Kwame
- Video: Watch 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards live
- Arnold Schwarzenegger drop-kicked at South Africa event
- It's fraud when artiste don't perform live – Samini
- Staying united secured our success - Daughters of Glorious Jesus
- Kwesi Arthur, Chris Attoh, Dumelo, others headline week's entertainment news
- Give underground artistes slots on big shows – Rapper Ikroniq pleads