Ghanaians were thrilled to Chinese culture feast and art on Saturday 22nd September 2018 at the forecourt of Ghana Broadcasting Corporation.
The event dubbed Beijing Top TV Drama & Movies Broadcasting Season in Africa is a brand program to promote cultural exchanges and cooperation between China and Africa.
And since 2014, the event has been held for four successive times, travelling to Kenya, South Africa, Uganda, Nigeria, Tanzania, Rwanda, Zambia, Mozambique, Madagascar and other countries, bringing a visual and cultural feast to tens of millions of African people.
In the early hours of September 22nd, the Feast of Films and TV dramas was held with thousands of Ghanaians experiencing Chinese culture, including Chinese food, Chinese ancient costume, Chinese calligraphy, and Chinese Kung Fu.
The day was proceeded with a launching ceremony of the 2018 Beijing Top TV Dramas & Movies Broadcasting season in Africa.
StarTimes, with subsidiaries in more than 30 African countries and with almost 10 million subscribers, has partnered with the Beijing Municipal Bureau of Press, Radio, Film and Television to broadcast the series.
Guo Ziqi, StarTimes Vice-President said during the launch that the broadcasting of the series will contribute to the strengthened friendship between Ghana and China.
Chinese Ambassador to Ghana, H.E Wang Shiting said Chinese TV dramas and movies have become an important new cultural bridge in building relations between the two countries.
"It is my belief that this event will further promote mutual understanding and friendship between our two peoples, and open a new window for the cultural and people-to-people exchanges between our two countries, he said.
Also present was Deputy Minister for Information Pius Enam Hadzide. According to him, the lessons learnt from these dramas and movies should be lessons of self-respect, determination, nationalism, belief and sacrifice for God and country.
He, however, challenged China to make room for Ghanaian movies.
Over the years, related events have been held in a lot of African countries, such as the Swahili dubbing competition in Tanzania and the Caravan of Chinese films and TV Dramas in Zambia with many more events expected to be held in Pan-African countries while Chinese representatives also gear up towards hosting African-related events in China in the near future.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Six new school songs influenced by old school
- Video: Why should I attend Willi Roi’s funeral? – Stonebwoy
- I can’t beat Annie – 2Baba refutes wife-beating allegations
- Joy FM/Kojo Antwi Love concert: Easier to buy a ticket but harder to go home
- Koffi Olomide faces seven-year jail term over Paris sex assault
- Photos: All set for Joy FM's Lovers Dinner Dance with Kojo Antwi
- Video: Why is Akufo-Addo silent on Menzgold? - Stonebwoy wonders
- What a Kojo Antwi song has put together, let no one put asunder
- 2019 Africa Travel Indaba kicks off from May 2
- Kojo Antwi’s music gets lady out of coma, prevented suicide
- Video: I was a betweener for my husband - Azigiza's wife reveals
- Photos: John Mahama is ‘grandfather’, ‘daughter’ welcomes baby boy
- 3Music Awards 2019: Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Kwesi Arthur top nomination list
- My husband is the pillar of my life – Ohemaa Mercy
- Video/Photos: DJ Switch wows African leaders at AU headquarters