Nollywood actor, Jim Iyke, was on Monday afternoon arrested at the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos, for slapping an employee of Dana Air.
It was gathered that the actor arrived late for his 12:15 pm Abuja flight and the airline’s security personnel tried to help him to meet up with the flight by searching him.
According to eyewitnesses, Iyke refused to be searched and pushed the man away, but the man insisted that he must be searched before boarding.
The man’s insistence was said to have angered Iyke, who slapped the man for ‘wasting his time.’
Iyke was later arrested by officers from the Airport Police Command.
Dana Air’s Media and Communications Manager, Kingsley Ezenwa, who confirmed the incident, said Iyke was, however, released, after he had apologised to the airline employee.
Ezenwa added that the actor eventually missed the flight, which was still on the ground when the incident happened.
The Public Relations Officer, Airport Command, Alabi Joseph, a Deputy Superintendent of Police, also confirmed the incident, saying that Iyke was released after he tendered an apology.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Waris axing from AFCON squad 'payment' for treating me badly - Ex-wife
- Some big artistes used to kneel down for misbehaving – Hammer
- I don’t feel celebrated enough – Kwaw Kese laments
- Stonebwoy gears up for Shuga Summer Tour
- I won't beef with someone who can't write her own songs – Kelvyn Boy
- Modelling not lucrative in Ghana — Chantelle Dapaah
- Reggie Rockstone leaves VVIP?
- Video: Kofi Adjorlolo dating Victoria Lebene mere media stunt – Abeiku Santana
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 23): Kwesi Arthur's ‘Nobody’ gunning for number 1?
- Russian poker star electrocuted in bath at home
- Popular illusionist ready to stun patrons at 2019 MMC Live
- From Nollywood to pulpit: Eucharia Anunobi’s untold conversion story
- Sarkodie doesn’t come to bed early – Wife
- Lawyer: Cuba Gooding Jr. will turn self in on groping charge
- I saved Ghanaian rap music from dying – Medikal brags