Afrochella, one of Accra’s biggest arts and music festivals, had an impressive climax on Saturday night, December 29, at the El-Wak Sports Stadium.
Deeply rooted in celebrating the creative arts, the event ended with a jam-packed musical concert featuring some of Ghana’s talented musicians.
The night witnessed performances from highlife legend Daddy Lumba, Stonebwoy, Medikal, Cina Soul, King Promise, Joey B, Pappy Kojo, Kwesi Arthur, Kelvyn Boy and a host of others.
Afrochella is a festival designed to elevate and highlight the thriving millennial talent from and within Africa.
The festival introduces an interactive event that encourages collaboration, explores the culture with a pioneering approach.
It featured a festive celebration of Ghanaian and African culture in the form of art & fashion installations, live painting, the best of African cuisine and live performances.
The purpose of Afrochella, organisers have said, is to tell the new Africa story from a native’s perspective.
“All aspects of the festival from the theme to the production are an ode to the ingenuity and available services in Africa. Our Goal is to optimise the experience and engage the millennial attendees with the culture in an authentic yet innovative approach.”
Apart from the musical performances, there were acrobatic displays, fashion and art exhibitions.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Creative Arts Council, media pay courtesy call on Ghana Embassy in Spain
- Listen: 'Already' by Beyoncé ft Shatta Wale
- Storm Energy partners Silverbird to premiere Lion King
- FaceApp: Celebs fall in love with AgeChallenge
- Cobby Raymond releases Kojo Antwi inspired song
- MUSIGA has ¢70,000 locked up in Menzgold - Bessa Simons
- Nicki Minaj hints on signing Ghanaian act
- People aren’t celebrating GuiltyBeatz's prod. on Beyoncé's album – Ameyaw Debrah
- AFCON 2019: Fuse ODG to perform at closing ceremony
- Kevin Spacey: Massachusetts prosecutors drop sex assault case
- Ghanaian delegation in Spain for Vis-a-Vis Festival
- Video: Strika's handler hands over ¢40,000 to actor
- Shatta Wale to tour with Beyoncé
- We didn’t pitch any material to get selected – Bulldog opens up about Beyoncé-Shatta collab
- Milk this opportunity, it's not about ‘pah pah’ anymore – Shatta Wale told