The new ‘King’ of Reggae/Dancehall in Africa, Stonebwoy, has said that his kingship in music is like that of Asantehene.
According to the ‘Top Skanka’ hitmaker, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II does not have to make noise about his supremacy.
Speaking in an interview with KMJ on Showbiz Now on Joy Prime, the artiste said he does not have to remind the people he is ‘King’.
Stonebwoy was responding to a question about how it feels to win so many accolades respecting him as the top reggae dancehall artiste in Africa.
“If Otumfuo is King, he doesn’t have to remind his people that he is king,” he said.
This year, Stonebwoy has faced off with the top dancehall artistes in Africa to emerge the winner as ‘Dancehall Artiste of the Year’ in Ghana and Africa at both the All Africa Music Awards (AFRIMA) and the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards all hosted here in Ghana.
When asked about his collaborations with the AFRIMA brand, he suggested to Ghanaians to think globally and that AFRIMA has been doing big things with him internationally for five years now since his first performance at that awards.
“The world is bigger than Ghana, so let’s open our minds,” the dancehall artiste remarked.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 24): Kwesi Arthur's ‘Nobody’ makes it to the top
- Court orders police to file Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale trial documents
- Patoranking explains why he allows nudity in videos
- Cuba Gooding Jr. rants about groping allegations
- D-Black drops much anticipated ‘Smoke & Mirrors’ EP
- Video: My mom and I were abandoned by my father – Nsromma star
- It will be difficult going back to school – Kuami Eugene
- I’m a shopaholic, I need prayers – Jackie Appiah
- Abraham Attah to star in Birdman’s film
- Lena Headey didn’t like Cersei’s ‘Game of Thrones’ death scene
- Girlfriends, side-chicks of Black Stars players should be allowed into their camp – Mzbel
- Duchess Meghan nominated for World Fashion Award
- Video: Do politics if you want Ghana to move forward – A Plus
- Pushing foreign genres will not sell Ghana - Mikki Osei Berko to artistes
- “You can’t be serious” - Kwesi Arthur's dad reacts to his plan to marry at 35