Veteran actress Grace Omaboe, also known as Maame Dokono, says she deleted her social media account due to harsh words from the critics.
Speaking at the forecourt of the Parliament House where the late Dancehall diva, Ebony Reigns was laid in state, Maame Dokono said a lot of Ghanaians are judgemental when it comes to appreciating the craft of others.
The actress told Adom TV’s Sister Sandy that she couldn’t fathom why a mammoth crowd would gather to pay their last respect to Ebony but failed to show her the same amount of love when she needed it the most in life.
According to her, she believed "Ebony was a young but talented musician wanting to do a lot of things in life [because] that was her art."
"People should have left her alone but a lot of Ghanaians are judgmental and hypocrites," Maame Dokono stated
Asked if she faced similar critics when she burst into the limelight, she answered in the affirmative, saying “I was almost forty when I became a superstar. I wasn’t listening to what people said so I went on and on”.
Maame Dokono further maintained that she closed her social media account because “I didn’t want anyone to criticize me… I always wanted to do what God puts on my mind.”
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- We need to stop the beef - Strongman Burner
- Media made slay queens popular - Ama K. Abebrese
- ‘Ups and Downs’ not a diss song - Strongman
- BET Awards: Stars pay tribute to Nipsey Hussle
- Rap battle: Medikal vs Strongman, who won?
- 2019 EMY Africa Awards: Full list of Winners
- Class, style, persona; Nat Attoh hosts 3rd EMY Africa Award
- DJ Switch to support Cape Coast school with educational materials
- Gospel musician arrested over HIV/AIDS cure claims
- Cardi B charged with strip club assault
- Video: Asamoah Gyan, Atsu, Owusu, others in ‘cheeky response train’
- Ghanaian TV personality to host 2019 BET Awards red carpet
- I don’t mind nude roles to serve a purpose—Ama K
- Joy FM's Cosmopolitan mix goes live with Kwanpa band
- Kalybos unveiled as ambassador for Geddit Ghana